Around the System :  JetPiedmont.com The fastest message board... ever.
General Discussion of Events of Interest 
Tommy Durrer
Posted by: Don Shanks (Moderator)
Date: October 29, 2008 03:46AM

Dear Piedmont folks,
I recently received the following email from our buddy Tommy Durrer – a long time friend and Piedmont employee – 30 years working the CHO station.
Tommy, and his wife, Marian, obviously have some very difficult days ahead and needs the prayers of everyone.
Below is his address, drop him a note - please - and let him know he is in our thoughts.
Don Shanks

Here is Tommy’s email:
On September 8, 2008, I was diagnosed with Terminal Pancreatic Cancer which has already spread to the liver. In addition I have been battling Prostrate Cancer since 2002. The only alternative treatment was a form of chemo, which I have elected not to take, as it would not stop the disease, only perhaps slow it down. Therefore I chose quality over quantity. I am being treated with narcotic's to control the pain, and hospice is assisting with this treatment.

My wife will keep you informed as we continue on this journey.

Sincerely,

Tommy & Marian Durrer

Here is information from Tommy’s profile on www.JetPiedmont.com -

Tommy & Marian’s address:
11898 Spotswood Trail
Ruckersville, VA 22968

Phone: 434 985 2683

I was hired by Allegheny in DCA in 1958. (PI DCA Station Manager) Bill Clark and PI DCA CSM) Ralph Pendelton advised me to apply with PI in CHO. Dick Mahn was Station MGR in CHO. In CHO we were cross/trained. I had a great 30 years in CHO most of my time was in Customer Service. I play lots of golf/Quail Hunting, Farming, Fishing.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.