Around the System :  JetPiedmont.com The fastest message board... ever.
General Discussion of Events of Interest 
Pages: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
always going to be m
Posted by: elaine95 (---.hostname.localhost)
Date: July 31, 2018 05:52AM

Buffalo Bills guard Richie Incognito jogged off the practice field Wednesday Brian Flynn Jersey , started signing autographs for kids and then declined all interview requests.

Incognito’s version of what happened during a wild-card game at Jacksonville earlier this month remains unclear.

Jaguars defensive end Yannick Ngakoue accused Incognito of using ”weak racist slurs” during the game. They ended up as Pro Bowl teammates this week, and Ngakoue said Wednesday they cleared the air and are good to go.

Ngakoue declined to get into specifics about their conversation at ESPN’s Wide World of Sports complex, preferring to move on.

Jaguars defensive tackle Malik Jackson provided more insight, saying he saw Ngakoue and Incognito talking before practice.

”That was really cool, you know,” Jackson said. ”We have a huge respect for each other Cheap D.J. Fluker Jersey , and sometimes the heat of the moment can get to you and you can say things you might not really mean or do things you might not really mean and be apologetic for it.

”I think it shows the true character of a man to come and apologize and/or talk about it to clear the air.”

Ngakoue called out Incognito on Twitter hours after Jacksonville’s 10-3 victory on Jan. 7. Ngakoue repeatedly has declined to disclose what Incognito said.

”I just felt like people needed to know what happened,” Ngakoue said the next day. ”He knows what he said. I don’t got to repeat it.”

NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy said Wednesday the exchange ”remains under review.”

Here are some other things of note from the first day of Pro Bowl practice:

BELL’S CONTRACT: Steelers running back Le’Veon Bell says he and the team are making progress on a contract extension . Pittsburgh has presented an initial offer, and Bell says ”we are a lot closer than we were last year.”

The 25-year-old back turned down a long-term contract in 2017, skipped training camp and then signed a one-year, $12 million franchise tender. The Steelers could franchise him again in March, a move Bell told ESPN would force him to consider retiring or sitting out the 2018 season. A second tag would be worth around $14.5 million.

”I think we’ll get something done and it will be exciting for both sides Jake Odorizzi Jersey , for the fans and everybody,” said Bell, who led the NFL in touches (404) this past season.

LAWRENCE’S DEAL: Cowboys defensive lineman Demarcus Lawrence is also in for a huge payday after finishing with 14+ sacks. Lawrence said following NFC practice that he would welcome the franchise tag , which would guarantee Lawrence around $17 million in 2018.

”It will get done eventually, so I’m not worrying about my contract,” Lawrence told NFL.com. ”I’m trying to have a good time with this group of guys and my family while I’m here. … Franchise not bad. Contract not bad. So Tyler Austin Jersey , like I said, I’m not worrying about nothing. I’ll leave it up to my agent. He’ll take care of me.”

STILL REELING: Jaguars cornerback A.J. Bouye said he and his four Pro Bowl teammates are still trying to get over losing to New England in the AFC championship game.

”It’s only going to motivate me to go harder and motivate our team,” he said. ”I already see the hunger. We’re even talking about it here in Orlando. I know we’ve got to watch the (Super Bowl). But we’ll be there next year. We’re going to find a way.”

TRASH KING: Jaguars cornerback Jalen Ramsey might be the NFL’s best trash-talker. He upset Baltimore’s Steve Smith in 2016 and agitated mild-mannered Cincinnati’s A.J. Green so much in November that Green choked and body-slammed Ramsey . Ramsey doesn’t plan on quieting down much, if at all, this week.

”I don’t know if anybody out here is on my level with the trash talk yet. But, throughout the week Authentic Leighton Vander Esch Jersey , we’re going to find out,” Ramsey said.

”I’m going to cool it a little bit. But at the end of the day, I’m me. I’m always going to be me (and I’m) here in full effect this week.”

. Buffalo Bills Elite Jerseys , Cheap Harrison Barnes Jersey , Rhys Hoskins Jersey Womens , Womens Taven Bryan Jersey ,

Options: ReplyQuote
already been ruled
Date: July 31, 2018 06:03AM

The sluggish opening three months. The so-so finish. The only occasional attention to detail on defense. None of it matters anymore.

The playoffs are here. The champs are Miguel Gonzalez Jersey , too.

Sidney Crosby and the Penguins provided proof in Pittsburgh’s 7-0 dismantling of the Philadelphia Flyers in the opening game of their first-round series Wednesday night.

Crosby performed more stick wizardry on his way to his third postseason hat trick, Evgeni Malkin added a highlight-reel goal of his own and the Penguins overwhelmed their seemingly overmatched cross-state rivals to begin their quest for a third straight Stanley Cup with a blowout that seemed to indicate the grudge match could be a mismatch.

Not that Pittsburgh’s captain wanted to buy into any sort of message sending, even after the Penguins became only the fifth team in NHL history to win a series opener by at least seven goals.

”I mean, it’s one game,” Crosby said. ”Whether it’s 7-0 or 1-0 or double overtime, it’s one game. A big part in the playoffs is to get better every game and to adjust, and that’s the way we have to look at it.”

That might be a frightening proposition for the rest of the NHL. It certainly is for the Flyers Logan Forsythe Jersey , who have lost all five meetings with Pittsburgh this season, giving up at least five goals each time. Nothing that happened during the regular season, however, compared to Wednesday night. The Penguins pumped five goals in the first 29:01 to chase goalie Brian Elliott, and the Flyers simply could not keep pace.

”It was one of the worst games I’ve been a part of,” Flyers forward Claude Giroux said.

Philadelphia coach Dave Hakstol mercifully pulled Elliott after Crosby swatted Brian Dumoulin’s point shot out of the air and knocked it by a stunned Elliott to put the Penguins up 5-0 just before the game’s midway point. Elliott stopped 14 of 19 shots before being replaced by Petr Mrazek. Mrazek made 12 saves, but Hakstol indicated he’s likely to go with Elliott again in Friday’s Game 2.

Whoever is in net for the Flyers Cheap Thomas Rawls Jersey , it won’t matter if the play in front of them isn’t better. Philadelphia’s power play went 0 for 4 and didn’t even generate a shot.

”They beat us from pretty much every aspect tonight, starting from the net out,” Elliott said. ”Everybody just has to be better.”

Jake Guentzel had a goal and three assists for Pittsburgh. Bryan Rust and Carl Hagelin also scored. Matt Murray stopped 24 shots for his third straight playoff shutout.

The Flyers stressed the need to stay out of the penalty box and put together three disciplined, competitive periods if they wanted to put an abrupt halt to Pittsburgh’s run at history. It didn’t happen. Not even close.

The Penguins jumped on Philadelphia early. Elliott stopped Kris Letang’s slap shot with his blocker only to see the long rebound go right to Rust, who ripped it over Elliott’s right shoulder to give the Penguins the lead 2:38 into the game.

Philadelphia’s best chance at staying in it came minutes later, but Scott Laughton whiffed on his first attempt from the doorstep and Murray made a sprawling glove save on Laughton’s second try to preserve Pittsburgh’s lead.

”If that goes in, it’s 1-1 and maybe we’re talking about a different result Authentic Jordan Whitehead Jersey ,” Crosby said.

Moments later, Hagelin expertly redirected Patric Hornqvist’s shot past Elliott 10:07 into the game. Malkin drew a hooking penalty to negate a Pittsburgh power play, and when he emerged from the penalty box, he whizzed past three Flyers in one sequence, darting by Jakub Voracek, slipping past Giroux and then fending off Shayne Gostisbehere before flicking a backhand past Elliott to put the Penguins up 3-0 before the series was 15 minutes old.

All that before Crosby got involved.

The two-time MVP has a knack for scoring in unorthodox ways. He beat Montreal’s Carey Price with an intentional double-deflection and smacked a rebound out of air in overtime to top New Jersey within a span of eight days last month.

His first of the playoffs was just as impressive and provided the exclamation point on a night Pittsburgh looked every bit the threat to become the first team since the New York Islanders of the early 1980s to capture three straight Cups.

NOTES: Crosby’s hat trick tied Pittsburgh owner and Hall of Famer Mario Lemieux for the most postseason hat tricks in franchise history. … Murray hasn’t allowed a goal since Game 4 of the 2017 Stanley Cup finals, a span of 206:26. … The Penguins Authentic Ryan Jensen Jersey , who had the league’s top-ranked power play during the regular season, went 1 for 4 with the man advantage. … Pittsburgh C Derick Brassard, who missed time late in the regular season with a lower-body injury, had an assist in 13:44. … Injured Steelers LB Ryan Shazier, who is recovering from spine stabilization surgery and has already been ruled out for the 2018 season, stood up and led the sell-out crowd in a pre-game cheer.

. Adidas Jeff Skinner Jersey , Adidas Dustin Brown Jersey , Womens Lamar Jackson Jersey , Authentic Womens Josh Rosen Jersey ,

to Amir Johnson of the 76ers.
Date: July 31, 2018 06:12AM

Third time was the charm for James Harden.

The Houston Rockets star was voted the NBA’s Most Valuable Player after twice being runner-up Cheap Jonathan Cooper Jersey , beating out four-time winner LeBron James and Anthony Davis of the Pelicans at the NBA Awards on Monday night.

Harden joined Michael Jordan as the only players to average at least 20 points, eight assists, five rebounds and 1.7 steals in a season.

He led the league in scoring, 3-pointers and 50-point games with four while helping the Rockets to an NBA-leading 65 wins.

”The last four years have been like knocking on the door, knocking on the door. Now the moment is finally here,” Harden said backstage. ”Just every single year you try to come back and be better than you were the year before, and just to be holding that trophy finally, it means a lot.”

James didn’t attend the show in Barker Hangar at the Santa Monica Airport amid frenzied speculation about his future. He has until Friday to tell the Cavaliers if he will pick up his $35.6 million option for next season or opt for free agency.

Harden Youth Durham Smythe Jersey , who is from Los Angeles, led his mother on stage before he accepted the trophy from Commissioner Adam Silver.

”I’m not going to get emotional,” he said from behind dark sunglasses. ”She’s my backbone in good times and bad times.”

Harden received a total of 965 points and 86 first-place votes. James finished second with 738 points and 15 first-place votes, while Davis was third with 445 points and no first-place votes.

Harden didn’t prepare a speech.

”I felt like last year I should have won as well, so I didn’t see a difference between last year and this year,” he said backstage. ”If I won it, then I was going to go off the top and try to show my appreciation to everybody helping me along the way.”

Harden’s teammate, Chris Paul Authentic Kendall Wright Jersey , popped up among reporters backstage and asked Harden how many bottles of liquor Rockets CEO Tad Brown would have to buy at the next location.

”Couple cases,” Harden said, grinning.

The Rockets had another winner in Daryl Morey, who was honored as Executive of the Year.

In other awards, Ben Simmons of the Philadelphia 76ers won Rookie of the Year.

The guard averaged 15 points, eight rebounds and eight assists, joining Hall of Famer Oscar Robertson as the only rookies to post those numbers in a season.

Simmons helped Philadelphia to a 52-30 record, including ending the season with a 16-game winning streak.

He beat out finalists Donovan Mitchell of Utah and Jayson Tatum of Boston.

Guard Victor Oladipo of the Indiana Pacers earned Most Improved Player.

He averaged 23.1 points in his first season with the Pacers while nabbing his first All-Star berth. He also led the league in steals for the first time.

The Defensive Player of the Year went to center Rudy Gobert of the Utah Jazz.

He was the leading vote-getter for the league’s All-Defensive first team while anchoring a Jazz defense that ranked second in the NBA in defensive rating.

Lou Williams of the Los Angeles Clippers took Sixth Man honors.

The guard became the first player to average at least 20 points for the first time in his 13th season or later. He led the league in fourth-quarter points and scoring average.

Williams kissed his two young daughters on his way to the stage after becoming the Clippers’ third winner in the last five years.

Dwane Casey was chosen Coach of the Year for his work with the Toronto Raptors Cheap Ryan Jensen Jersey , who fired him last month. He has since become coach of the Detroit Pistons.

”Can’t look in the rear view mirror,” Casey said backstage. ”Winston Churchill said success is measured by failure, failure, and then come back with enthusiasm, and that’s what I’ve done.”

Casey led the Raptors to the No. 1 seed in the East for the first time in franchise history after winning a team-record 59 games. Casey coached the East in the All-Star Game for the first time.

Casey won over Quin Snyder of Utah and Brad Stevens of Boston.

Robertson received the Lifetime Achievement Award from presenters Charles Barkley and Kareem Abdul-Jabbar.

After Barkley mentioned last year’s recipient Bill Russell, Boston’s Hall of Fame center flipped his middle finger in Barkley’s direction.

Robertson is the career leader in triple-doubles and was the first player to average one for a season. His antitrust case against the NBA also ushered in free agency for players, which Robertson said was his most important assist.

Backstage, Robertson commended the activism of today’s players Cheap Durham Smythe Jersey , although he wondered why more white athletes aren’t speaking out.

”The only thing that really bothers me is where are the white athletes when this is happening?” he said. ”This is not a black athlete problem. You see injustice in the world. It’s all around.”

Robertson went on to say he hopes ”the whites and the blacks get together, even with the football,” a reference to NFL players who have taken a knee or sat in silence during the national anthem to protest police brutality and racial inequality.

Former NBA player Dikembe Mutombo received the Sager Strong Award, named for the late Turner Sports broadcaster. He donned a garish sports coat similar to what Craig Sager always wore.

The Hustle Award went to Amir Johnson of the 76ers.

. Dak Prescott Jersey , Carolina Panthers Elite Jerseys , Womens Byron Maxwell Jersey , Pittsburgh Steelers Customized Jerseys ,

St. Louis is 12-9-2
Date: July 31, 2018 06:21AM

GLENDALE Tony Wolters Jersey , Ariz. — Every NHL team seemingly wanted to face the Arizona Coyotes when the season began. As the schedule winds down, they are the team no playoff contender is eager to go against.

The Tampa Bay Lightning, who have led the Eastern Conference most of the season, discovered that during a 4-1 loss to Arizona on Monday. The Vegas Golden Knights, who have led the Western Conference much of the season, discovered that during a 3-2 loss to Arizona on Wednesday.

The St. Louis Blues, already a loser to Arizona this season, are hoping they don’t meet the same fate as the Lightning and Golden Knights when they play the suddenly dangerous Coyotes on Saturday night at Gila River Arena, in a game critical to St. Louis’ playoff hopes.

The Blues (43-28-6) had won six in a row until losing at Vegas 4-3 in overtime on Friday night, a loss that gained them a valuable point but dropped them a point behind the Anaheim Ducks for the top Western Conference wild card.

Jonathan Marchessault scored twice for Vegas, including the game-winner only 22 seconds into overtime. The Ducks moved past St. Louis Ronald Acuna Jr. Jersey , 93 points to 92, by beating the Los Angeles Kings 2-1 in overtime.

Arizona (27-40-11) stumbled during a 4-2 loss to the Los Angeles Kings on Thursday as Jeff Carter scored three goals. It concluded a road trip in which the Coyotes won three of six, but they’re proving to be a very difficult opponent as the playoff races wrap up.

Certainly, much more so than back in October, November and December, when the Coyotes were winless through 11 games (0-10-1) and they won only nine of their first 41.

“Unfortunately, we came up a little bit short (in Los Angeles), but we’ll take the positives and get ready to go for St. Louis,” said left winger Max Domi, who had a goal and an assist against the Kings. “It was a good test for us and a really good learning experience, too Authentic Marquez Valdes-Scantling Jersey , and we’ll take that and move forward. We’ve got four games left and, hopefully, we can make the most of those.”

The Coyotes are 18-13-6 since midseason, and 15-8-2 in their last 25 games. It’s not exactly a Presidents’ Trophy-level pace, but certainly much better than midseason, when they were threatening to put together one of the NHL’s worst seasons in decades.

“I’m proud of this team,” first-year coach Rick Tocchet said. “We had a good road trip and the guys played hard.”

The Coyotes are getting production from Kevin Connauton, who scored in Los Angeles and has three goals in two games, and rookie center Clayton Keller, who had a 10-game scoring streak stopped against the Kings. He has three goals and seven points in his last five games, and 23 goals and 62 points overall.

The Blues beat the Coyotes 3-2 in a shootout on Nov. 9 but lost to them 5-2 on Jan. 20. They had won eight of nine before Friday Ted Williams Jersey , including key wins over the Kings and the Eastern Conference-leading Boston Bruins.

“It was a typical Western Conference game, just heavy sticks, just heavy bodies and two teams just slugging it out,” said right winger Chris Thorburn, who scored his first goal with St. Louis.

Of those six consecutive Blues wins, four came in overtime, including three in a row from March 17-21 against the New York Rangers, Chicago Blackhawks and Bruins.

Brayden Schenn leads them with 65 points, including 26 goals, while Vladimir Tarasenko has a team-high 31 goals to go with 63 points.

Their late-season surge pushed the Blues from 11th place in the Western Conference on March 16 into a wild-card slot, and they now control their own playoff destiny rather than having to rely on other teams.

“Certainly Cheap Jalyn Holmes Jersey , the picture’s a little bit clearer right now,” Blues coach Mike Yeo said.

However, playing the Knights and Coyotes on back-to-back nights in the desert is proving to be quite a challenge down the stretch. And the Blues’ schedule isn’t easy, with six games in nine days counting the Vegas game, and three more on the road.

St. Louis is 12-9-2 against the Pacific Division.

“What we do beyond this (is) really going to count,” Yeo said.

. New England Patriots Customized Jerseys , Pittsburgh Steelers Customized Jerseys , Authentic Womens Michael Dickson Jersey , Womens Kyle Lauletta Jersey ,

iring defenseman Brandon Hickey in a trade that sent forward
Date: July 31, 2018 06:30AM

The return to a classic U.S. Open course brought back the kind of scoring that gave this major its reputation.

Dustin Johnson played some of his best golf and yet the world’s No. 1 player barely beat par in the treacherous wind at Shinnecock Hills. Johnson holed a bunker shot for birdie Cheap Derwin James Jersey , kept his mistakes to a minimum and joined Ian Poulter, Scott Piercy and Russell Henley at 1-under 69 for a share of the lead.

Tiger Woods, Rory McIlroy, Jordan Spieth and a long list of golf’s bests had their hopes crushed in gusts that approached 25 mph that made fairways look more narrow and the shin-high rough difficult to avoid.

In his return to the U.S. Open after a two-year absence, Woods opened a major with a triple bogey for the first time in 15 years. He added back-to-back double bogeys on the back nine and staggered to a 78.

Spieth shot 80, his highest first-round score in a major.

Jason Dufner opened with a 70, and even those at 1-over 71 felt as though they put in a hard day’s work, a group that included Justin Rose and Henrik Stenson.

GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. (AP) – Kelly Shon played her last six holes in 6 under for an 8-under 64 and a share of the lead with So Yeon Ryu in the Meijer LPGA Classic.

Shon had a 7-under 29 on her final nine Greg Maddux Jersey , the front nine at Blythefield Country Club. The former Princeton star played the five par-5 holes in 5 under with an eagle on No. 8.

The sixth-ranked Ryu birdied four of the par 5s in a bogey-free round.

Anna Nordqvist, Su Oh and Celine Herbin shot 66. Sophia Popov, Caroline Masson and Lee-Anne Pace were at 67, and Lexi Thompson, the 2015 winner, had a 68. Ariya Jutanugarn, making her first start since winning the U.S. Women’s Open, matched defending champion Brooke Henderson, Michelle Wie and Lydia Ko at 69. Annie Park Authentic Kareem Martin Jersey , the ShopRite LPGA Classic winner last week in New Jersey, had a 76.

SPORTS BETTING

OCEANPORT, N.J. (AP) – New Jersey’s governor bet that the New Jersey Devils will win the Stanley Cup, while basketball legend Julius Erving bet that Philadelphia’s football team will repeat as champions, placing the wagers the day betting on professional sports became legal in the state.

The action took place at Monmouth Park, a racetrack in Oceanport near the Jersey shore, and at the Borgata, Atlantic City’s first casino to jump into the sports betting market since New Jersey won a Supreme Court case a month ago clearing the way for all 50 states to offer it should they choose.

New Jersey fought for eight years against a federal law that had limited sports betting to four states – Nevada, Delaware Authentic Trent Brown Jersey , Montana and Oregon.

BASEBALL

PHILADELPHIA (AP) – Vince Velasquez took a no-hitter two outs into the seventh inning, Rhys Hoskins and Nick Williams hit solo homers and the Philadelphia Phillies beat the Colorado Rockies 9-3.

Trevor Story lined Velasquez’s 105th pitch to left for an RBI double, ending Velasquez’s bid for the fourth no-hitter in the majors this season. Velasquez retired 20 of the first 21 batters and got a standing ovation as he walked off the mound after the hit.

The Phillies won a series for the first time since taking two of three from Atlanta on May 21-23. They’re 7-12 since.

NEW YORK (AP) – Gleyber Torres hit another three-run homer and Domingo German struck out a career-high 10 for his first major league win as the New York Yankees edged the Tampa Bay Rays 4-3 in the opener of a four-game series.

Aaron Hicks also homered off Blake Snell as New York beat the blossoming left-hander for the second time this season and ended his four-game winning streak.

German gave up a home run to Matt Duffy on the first pitch of the game but quickly recovered to strike out the next three batters. Making his seventh start in place of injured Jordan Montgomery, the rookie right-hander allowed three runs, five hits and two walks in his 19th career appearance.

Chad Green and Dellin Betances set up Aroldis Chapman for his 19th save in 20 attempts.

NFL

ENCINITAS, Calif. (AP) – Former NFL tight end Kellen Winslow Jr. has been arrested on charges of rape and other sex crimes on the day he was to appear in court on an unrelated burglary charge.

The San Diego Union-Tribune reports sheriff’s deputies arrested Winslow at his home in the San Diego suburb of Encinitas.

The 34-year-old Winslow was charged with two counts of rape, two counts of kidnapping with intent to commit rape and single counts of forcible sodomy, oral copulation and indecent exposure. He’s free after posting $50,000 bail.

Winslow was due to appear in court after being charged with burglary following an incident last month at a mobile home park. He now faces arraignment Friday.

HOCKEY

TORONTO (AP) – Andreas Johnsson had two goals and an assist to help the Toronto Marlies win the American Hockey League’s Calder Cup Cheap Jaire Alexander Jersey , 6-1 over the Texas Stars in Game 7.

Mason Marchment also scored twice, Carl Grundstrom and Ben Smith added goals, and Garret Sparks made 29 saves for the Toronto Maple Leafs’ top farm club.

The Marlies led the AHL with 112 points during the regular season and won 10 straight playoff games before being pushed to the distance by the Stars, Dallas’ top development team.

The last Toronto AHL affiliate to win the Calder Cup was the New Brunswick Hawks in 1982.

BUFFALO, N.Y. (AP) – The Buffalo Sabres stocked up on another Boston University product by acquiring defenseman Brandon Hickey in a trade that sent forward Hudson Fasching to the Arizona Coyotes.

Buffalo also acquired minor-league forward Mike Sislo in the deal.

Hickey joins three former Bos. Cheap Brook Lopez Jersey , Tampa Bay Buccaneers Elite Jerseys , Buffalo Bills Elite Jerseys , Detroit Lions Customized Jerseys ,

Olaf Kolzig and
Date: July 31, 2018 06:38AM

Sidney Crosby doesn’t think the Pittsburgh Penguins have some sort of mystical edge over the Washington Capitals. That all those series and all those years and all that dominance won’t mean a thing when the two longtime rivals meet in the playoffs for the 11th time starting Thursday night in the Eastern Conference semifinals.

Of course Deion Sanders Jersey , it’s kind of easy to say that when you’re on the side that always wins.

Eras change. Stars change. Coaches change. Styles change (well, sort of). The result when the Penguins are on one bench and the Capitals are on the other and a spot in the next round in the pursuit of a Stanley Cup is on the line does not. The Penguins have won nine of the 10 previous meetings.

Epic collapses. Unlikely comebacks. Wild finishes. Emotional scar tissue from losses that come from being the hockey equivalent of Sisyphus. Hall of Famers (and future Hall of Famers) all over the place — particularly if you wear black and gold.

Crosby, Alex Ovechkin and company have a lot to live up to. But before we throw ourselves into the physical and psychological maw for two weeks, let’s press our finger on the bruises – or relive the joy Billy Williams Jersey , depending on your point of view – of the magic and misery that came before and almost certainly is to come.

THE YEAR: 1991

THE ROUND: Patrick Division Finals

THE RESULT: Penguins in 5.

THE DEFINING MOMENT: The Capitals scored three times in the first 10:26 of the third period of Game 2 in Pittsburgh to take the lead. Randy Gilhen – he of the three career playoff goals – jumped onto the ice during a delayed Washington penalty and emerged from a sea of bodies to tie it with less than 5 minutes left in regulation. Kevin Stevens won it with a wrist shot off a pretty setup by Ron Francis 8:10 into overtime to even the series. The Capitals scored three goals total the rest of the way as the Penguins advanced to the conference finals for the first time in franchise history.

GUT PUNCH LEVEL: 2. The massively talented Penguins had seven Hall of Famers on the roster (eight if you include the ageless and sure-to-be inducted Jaromir Jagr) and won their first Cup two rounds later.

THE YEAR: 1992

THE ROUND: Patrick Division Semifinals

THE SERIES: Penguins in 7.

THE DEFINING MOMENT: The Capitals sprinted to a 3-1 series lead. After getting drilled at home in Game 5, Washington led 4-2 4 minutes into the second period of Game 6. And then Mario Lemieux happened . Super Mario scored or assisted on three power-play goals over the final 30 minutes as the Penguins tied the series, then shut the Caps down in Game 7, a 3-1 win on the road to propel them to a second straight Cup.

GUT PUNCH LEVEL: 8. Pittsburgh had a bit of a Cup hangover after winning it all in ’91 and appeared on the verge of collapse after the Capitals crushed them 7-2 in Game 4. And then … well Authentic Michael Gallup Jersey , consider this the start of a trend.

THE YEAR: 1994

THE ROUND: Eastern Conference quarterfinals.

THE SERIES: Capitals in 6.

THE DEFINING MOMENT: Washington again jumped out to a 3-1 series lead only to lose Game 5. Back home for Game 6, the Capitals went up 3-0 only to have the Penguins cut it to 3-2 after the first period. Momentum teetering, Washington defenseman Calle Johansson beat Tom Barrasso 1:25 into the second to restore the Caps’ two-goal lead and Washington closed out Pittsburgh for the first – and only – time.

GUT PUNCH LEVEL: 6. Pittsburgh viewed 1994 as a redemption tour after its bid for a three-peat was derailed by the Islanders in the 1993 playoffs. The Penguins won the Northeast Division and had the third-best record in the league only to lose to a Capitals team that started the season 0-6 and fired coach Terry Murray at midseason and replaced him with Jim Schoenfeld.

THE YEAR: 1995

THE DEFINING MOMENT: Lemieux sat out the lockout shortened 1994-95 season due to fatigue and the Capitals took advantage in the playoffs. Washington – stop us if you’ve heard this before – headed to Pittsburgh with a 3-1 lead and jumped ahead four separate times in front of a stunned crowd at the Igloo. Kevin Stevens, however Jorge Alfaro Jersey , drew the Penguins even with 8:18 left in regulation and Luc Robitaille kept Pittsburgh’s season alive with his OT winner 4:30 into the first extra period to give the Penguins a 6-5 victory. Pittsburgh went on to win Games 6 and 7 by a combined 10-1.

GUT PUNCH LEVEL: 9. For a franchise that didn’t exactly have a reputation for answering when pushed, Washington’s remarkable play in Game 5 went against the grain and they didn’t have to worry about Lemieux. And yet …

THE YEAR: 1996

THE SERIES: Penguins in 6.

THE DEFINING MOMENT: Make it defining moments. All of them seeming to come in an epic Game 4 . The Capitals led 2-1 and didn’t have to contend with Lemieux after he was ejected late in the second period for fighting Washington’s Pat Peake. Regulation ended tied at 2. So did the first overtime. And the second (after Washington’s Joe Juneau couldn’t convert the first overtime penalty shot in NHL history ). And the third. With 45 seconds left in the fourth extra period, Petr Nedved threw a shot in from outside the left circle that slipped by Olaf Kolzig and into the net to tie the series. Pittsburgh captured the next two to advance to the conference finals.

GUT PUNCH LEVEL: They might not have invented the number yet to rate the emotional toll of this one. Say R. Adidas Jack Eichel Jersey , Gerrit Cole Jersey Womens , Cheap Avery Bradley Jersey , Cheap Seth Curry Jersey ,

jersey]Cheap Trac
Date: August 03, 2018 06:14AM

Bartolo Colon carried a perfect game into the eighth inning and Robinson Chirinos drove in all three runs for the Texas Rangers during their 3-1 victory over the Houston Astros in 10 innings Sunday night.

The 44-year-old Colon turned back the clock and dominated the defending World Series champions for seven innings Hanley Ramirez Jersey , retiring his first 21 batters in an entertaining pitchers’ duel with Astros ace Justin Verlander.

Colon walked Carlos Correa on a 3-1 pitch to start the eighth before Josh Reddick lined an 0-2 delivery down the right-field line for a double that put runners at second and third, spoiling the no-hit bid as well.

Opposing fans in Houston gave Colon a standing ovation, and he clapped his bare hand softly against the outside of his glove. Two outs later, he was pulled with the score tied at 1.

NBA

HOUSTON (AP) – James Harden scored 44 points and powered a big fourth-quarter run that allowed the Houston Rockets to outlast the Minnesota Timberwolves 104-101 Sunday night in Game 1 of the first-round playoff series.

Minnesota scored four straight points to get within 3 with about 30 seconds left. Chris Paul added two free throws after that for Houston, but a tip-in by Karl-Anthony Towns got Minnesota back within 3. After a bad pass by Paul gave the Timberwolves a chance to tie it with 1.5 seconds left Authentic Kolton Miller Jersey , Jimmy Butler’s shot was short.

CLEVELAND (AP) – Victor Oladipo scored 32 points and the Indiana Pacers held off Cleveland’s second-half rally for a stunning 98-80 victory Sunday in Game 1 of the Eastern Conference series, handing LeBron James and the Cavaliers‘ their first loss in the opening round in eight years.

Indiana was in control from the outset, opening a 21-point lead in the first quarter and leading by 23 in the third. The Cavs stormed back and got within seven, but Oladipo hit a big 3-pointer and Bojan Bogdanovic helped put Cleveland away with a 3 to make it 88-71.

OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) – Paul George scored 36 points to help the Oklahoma City Thunder defeat the Utah Jazz 116-108 in Game 1 of their Western Conference playoff series on Sunday night.

George set an Oklahoma City playoff record with eight 3-pointers, blowing past the previous record of five. He made eight of 11 shots from long range Authentic Derwin James Jersey , and 13 of 20 shots overall. It was his first playoff game with the Thunder since being acquired in a trade with the Indiana Pacers in the offseason.

Russell Westbrook had 29 points, 13 rebounds and eight assists and Carmelo Anthony added 15 points for the Thunder.

BOSTON (AP) – Al Horford had 24 points and 12 rebounds and Boston overcame Khris Middleton’s long 3 that beat the fourth-quarter buzzer to top Milwaukee 113-107 in overtime in Game 1 of the Eastern Conference series.

The Celtics led 99-96 with 0.5 seconds left in regulation when Middleton took an inbounds pass on the far right wing and hit a contested 35-footer.

Terry Rozier added 23 points, four rebounds and three assists for Boston in his first career playoff start. Jaylen Brown finished with 20 points, and rookie Jayson Tatum added 19 points and 10 rebounds.

Giannis Antetokounmpo led the Bucks with 35 points, 13 rebounds and seven assists before fouling out in overtime. Middleton had 31 points Kenley Jansen Jersey , eight rebounds and six assists.

HOCKEY

WASHINGTON (AP) – Matt Calvert scored 12:22 into overtime, Sergei Bobrovsky made 54 saves and the Columbus Blue Jackets overcame two goals from Alex Ovechkin to beat the Washington Capitals 5-4 on Sunday night to take a 2-0 lead in the first-round playoff series.

Columbus heads home for Games 3 and 4 on Tuesday and Thursday two victories away from advancing to the second round for the first time in franchise history.

Cam Atkinson scored twice, Anderson had a goal at even strength and Zack Werenski added one on the power play for the Blue Jackets, who have the odds on their side. In Stanley Cup playoff history, 86.4 percent of teams that take a 2-0 lead in a best-of-seven series have gone on to win it.

PHILADELPHIA (AP) – Sidney Crosby had a goal and three assists and Matt Murray stopped 26 shots to help Pittsburgh silence a raucous Philadelphia crowd with a 5-1 win to take a 2-1 lead in the first-round playoff series.

Crosby scored his fourth goal of the series in the first period Cheap Ryan Switzer Jersey , and Derick Brassard, Evgeni Malkin and Brian Dumoulin scored in the second to make it 4-0. Malkin and Dumoulin scored 5 seconds apart.

Justin Schultz made it 5-1 in the third on Pittsburgh’s third power-play goal of the game.

ST. PAUL, Minn. (AP) – Mikael Granlund and Zach Parise scored power-play goals in the first period for the spark Minnesota was missing on the road, and the Wild used a four-goal second to roar back for a 6-2 win against Winnipeg in Game 3 of the Western Conference series.

Jordan Greenway scored his first NHL goal just 20 seconds after Eric Staal sent a wrist shot past past a struggling Connor Hellebuyck, who was pulled for Steve Mason at the second intermission.

Matt Dumba and Marcus Foligno bookended the furious middle frame with goals for the Wild Cheap Tracy Walker Jersey , who won a postseason home game for only the second time in their last nine contests. Mikko Koivu and Nick Seeler each had two assists and Devan Dubnyk made 29 saves, keeping the crowd loud all night.

LOS ANGELES (AP) – James Neal scored the tiebreaking goal with 5:37 to play, and the Vegas Golden Knights rallied from a third-period deficit to beat the Los Angeles Kings 3-2 to move to the brink of the expansion franchise’s first playoff series victory.

Cody Eakin tied it at 6:10 of the third, and William Karlsson scored 21 seconds after Neal’s goal to make it 3-1 in a final-period flurry fo.

training camp
Date: August 03, 2018 06:23AM

The Panthers have reinstated interim general manager Marty Hurney after an NFL investigation found no wrongdoing into charges of harassment by his ex-wife.

Hurney had been on a paid leave of absence during the investigation.

He is one of four candidates who have interviewed for the team’s permanent general manager position Babe Ruth Jersey , which is expected to be filled soon.

Article continues below ...
The NFL said in a statement Friday that its ”investigation identified no evidence to support an allegation of domestic violence or similar conduct that would constitute a violation of the personal conduct policy.”

The league said it requested to talk to his ex-wife Jeannie Hurney, but that she declined.

Marty Hurney said in a statement through his attorney that he’s ”grateful” to be headed back to work after what he called ”false claims” by his ex-wife.

His attorney, Kathleen Lucchesi Authentic Justin Jones Jersey , told The Associated Press in an email Friday Hurney was headed back to work immediately to begin preparations for the NFL draft and free agency.

Hurney’s interim contract is set to expire June 30.

”It’s been a very long two weeks for Marty and his family,” Lucchesi said in a statement emailed to AP. ”In this digital age, it’s nearly impossible to overcome suspicion Authentic M.J. Stewart Jersey , defend yourself, and clear your name once the court of public opinion gets a hold of a false narrative. The public scrutiny can be devastating and unrelenting. In this case, it was also unnecessary.

”Words cannot express how thankful Marty is for the love and unwavering support of his family. He is grateful to the NFL for conducting a thorough investigation. He is also grateful for the continued confidence and support of the Panthers organization. Marty is looking forward to getting back to the work of building a strong and successful Panthers team for the 2018 season.”

The NFL said its investigation included a review of available law enforcement and court records Roger Clemens Jersey , sworn testimony in prior proceedings, and interviews of multiple people including Hurney.

The Panthers placed Hurney on paid administrative leave on Feb. 4 when the NFL began an investigation into whether Hurney violated the league’s personal conduct policy after Jeannie Hurney unsuccessfully requested a temporary restraining order alleging her ex-husband harassed her.

Hurney remarried in 2016 and has a 14-month old child at home.

At that time Lucchesi told AP in an email that Hurney was ”very upset” by the allegations ”first, because they are not true Cheap Tremaine Edmunds Jersey , and second, because she made them at a time she and the rest of Charlotte knew Marty was interviewing for the GM job with the Panthers.”

The Panthers brought Hurney back to be their interim general manager last July after then-owner Jerry Richardson fired Dave Gettleman days before the start of training camp to provide some stability in the organization.

Hurney was the Panthers GM from 1998 through 2012 and is credited for building the core of a team that reached the Super Bowl two seasons ago.

Along with Hurney, the Panthers have also interviewed Bills assistant college scouting director Lake Dawson Cheap Donte Jackson Jersey , Texans assistant general manager Jimmy Raye III and 49ers senior personnel executive Martin Mayhew for its permanent GM position.

2007-08. …
Date: August 03, 2018 06:36AM

The checklist for the Nashville Predators is getting shorter as the regular season winds down.

Kyle Turris scored the only goal in the shootout to lift the Predators over the Minnesota Wild 2-1 Tuesday night to snap a three-game skid.

The win clinched the defending Western Conference champions home-ice advantage for the first round of the playoffs. The franchise’s first Central Division title also is in reach Joe Maddon Jersey , with Nashville leading Winnipeg by five points for both the top seed in the West and in the division with six games remaining apiece. Nashville wrapped up its division schedule by going 18-5-3.

”We took another step closer tonight to achieving that goal and keep on getting wins, and finish as high as we can,” Predators forward Scott Hartnell said. ”It’s just been great efforts the whole year long, and especially tonight a big effort by everybody.”

Nashville also moved three points ahead of Tampa Bay in the chase for the Presidents’ Trophy and home-ice advantage throughout the playoffs. The Predators visit Tampa Bay on Sunday.

Roman Josi scored for Nashville, and Pekka Rinne made 22 saves.

Rinne turned away Nino Niederreiter in the shootout. Zach Parise’s attempt went wide left Youth Jihad Ward Jersey , and Rinne stopped Mikko Koivu to clinch it.

”I thought it was our best game for a while now,” Josi said. ”I thought we played really well. I thought we played really well defensively, they didn’t have too many chances, and (Rinne) was there for us whenever they did have a chance. I thought it was a complete effort from us, and it’s good to be back in the win column.”

Eric Staal tied it for Minnesota with 3:15 left on his 40th goal this season.

Devan Dubnyk made 28 saves as Minnesota snapped a five-game point streak. The Wild still won the season series against Nashville Cheap Antonio Callaway Jersey , 3-2.

”It was a great point,” said Wild coach Bruce Boudreau with Minnesota third in the Central and three points ahead of St. Louis. ”That’s, right now, they are the best team in the league, and we played them inch for inch.”

The Predators thought they had scored 40 seconds into overtime on a slap shot by Ryan Ellis. Minnesota challenged for offside Bobby Doerr Jersey , and the goal was overturned on review because Turris’ right skate was a few inches ahead of the puck past the blue line.

”I was right on the line on the bench and I figured it might be offside, but great job of still getting it done after,” Josi said of the erased goal.

Rinne stopped Staal twice in overtime, and Mikael Granlund hit the far post with 1:07 left.

Turris shot first for Nashville in the shootout, and he skated up before going across the slot and beating Dubnyk stick-side .

Nashville returned home for three games mired in a skid that matched its longest this season. Playing in front of the 99th consecutive sold-out crowd didn’t hurt as the Predators improved to 26-8-4 in the place known as Smashville.

The Predators came out throwing pucks at Dubnyk Youth Leighton Vander Esch Jersey , and Josi put Nashville up 1-0 with a slap shot from the point off the faceoff that went under Dubnyk’s glove 2:51 into the game.

Jordan Greenway made his NHL debut after finishing his college career at Boston University and signing a three-year entry level deal with Minnesota. Greenway was welcomed by a big check from Hartnell midway through the first period.

”This is a tough game … for a young man’s career, but I thought he handled it well,” Boudreau said of Greenway.

Nashville missed plenty of chances to pad its lead, going scoreless on four man advantages through the first two periods.

Staal tied it by beating Rinne’s left skate inside the post.

NOTES: Staal joined Gordie Howe as the only players to go at least nine years between 40-goal seasons, according to the Elias Sports Bureau. Howe went 12 seasons between his 44 goals in 1956-57 and 44 goals in 1968-69. Staal scored 40 in 2008-09 Authentic Will Dissly Jersey , and this is his third 40-goal season. … Nashville won its most divisional games since also winning 18 in 2007-08. … Turris now has six goals on 13 shots in the shootout this season.

UP NEXT

Wild: Host Dallas on Thursday night.

Predators: Host Sharks on Thursday night.

Brewers: RHP
Date: August 03, 2018 06:47AM

Lorenzo Cain and Travis Shaw helped Milwaukee’s offense break through against the Chicago Cubs Authentic Antonio Callaway Jersey , and Chase Anderson did the rest.

Anderson pitched seven innings of one-hit ball to capitalize on a heads-up rundown escape by Cain and a pair of two-run doubles by Shaw, and the Brewers two-hit the Cubs 4-0 on Tuesday night to take back first place in the NL Central.

Shaw had already put Chicago up 2-0 when Cain used his head and legs to escape a sticky spot in the third inning. With Christian Yelich at second, Cain hit a ball up the middle that was fielded by second baseman Javier Baez. Yelich got hung up between second and third but stayed alive through three throws before sprinting back to second base.

Cain, meanwhile, rounded first hard and fooled the Cubs into thinking he was committing to second. If both Yelich and Cain had touched second base Authentic B.J. Hill Jersey , Cain could have been tagged out, and so pitcher Tyler Chatwood chased Yelich back to second, thinking Cain was about to end up there.

But Cain stopped a few feet short of second and ran back to first, where no Chicago players were around to field a throw from Chatwood. Yelich returned safely to second, and both players scored moments later on Shaw’s double to right.

Cain said he practiced the play when he was with the Kansas City Royals.

”I actually want to credit that play to Rusty Kuntz Steven Wright Jersey ,” Cain said of the former first-base coach for the Royals. ”It never actually happened, but for it to happen tonight was huge. It was a nice play.”

Cain said Yelich had to keep hustling or the play would not have worked. Cain said he peeked back and saw that Anthony Rizzo was not covering first base.

”That baserunning play by Cain was flat-out brilliant,” Brewers manager Craig Counsell said. ”I’ve never seen anything like that. I had no idea what he was planning on doing but it was amazing. That’s seeing the field and understanding what’s happening.”

The Brewers took a 2-0 lead in the first inning on Shaw’s shot that evaded diving first baseman Rizzo and rolled into the right-field corner. Milwaukee ended a seven-game skid to Chicago.

Anderson (5-5) threw a Brewers’ season-high 107 pitches. Chicago’s only hit against him was an infield chopper by Willson Contreras in the second. Anderson retired his final 17 hitters.

”We just could not mount an attack,” Cubs manager Joe Maddon said. ”Anderson has been difficult against us in the past and he was again tonight. There was not a whole lot going on. Two doubles beat us.”

Anderson had lost his three previous decisions against the Cubs as the Brewers had been shut out in each game. Taylor Williams and Jacob Barnes finished up for Milwaukee with an inning each.

”My command was kind of spotty,” Anderson said. ”I had a good fastball early. As I kept going the curveball came into play and the cutter a little bit. The changeup was good. I was able to throw all my pitches for strikes.”

Cubs right-hander Tyler Chatwood (3-5) Trevor Bauer Jersey , who entered the game leading the major leagues in walks, showed better control while allowing four runs (three earned) and walking two batters in five innings.

”My last outing wasn’t pretty, but I felt like I worked on some stuff and took it into this outing,” Chatwood said.

TRAINERS ROOM

Cubs: RHP Yu Darvish threw 30 pitches in a bullpen session Tuesday, and Maddon was encouraged by what he saw. ”Outstanding. He threw really well Phil Rizzuto Jersey ,” Maddon said. ”Easy gas. Great location. Good spin on his breaking ball. Very impressed.” Darvish was put on the disabled list May 23 with right triceps tendinitis. Maddon said if there’s a chance for Darvish to return before the All-Star break, ”I’m into it. Whatever the doctors think.”

Brewers: RHP Matt Albers was placed on the 10-day disabled list with a right shoulder injury and RHP Jorge Lopez was recalled from Triple-A Colorado Springs. Albers allowed five runs and three hits in the 11th inning Monday night and took the loss in Milwaukee’s 7-2 defeat. ”He got to the point it was affecting him out there on the field and it’s just time to take a break,” Counsell said.

UP NEXT

Cubs: LHP Mike Montgomery (2-1, 3.56 ERA) will make his fourth start since replacing Darvish in the rotation. Montgomery is 2-0 with a 1.02 ERA in his three starts, including a victory over Pittsburgh last week.

Brewers: RHP Jhoulys Chacin has emerged as the team’s ace this season (5-1 Scott Kazmir Jersey , 3.58 ERA). The Brewers are 11-3 In his starts and opponents are batting .231 against him.

Re:session [url=http://www.titanscheapshops.com/cheap-authentic-harold-landry-jersey]Cheap Har
Date: August 03, 2018 06:58AM

A fist pump and a late fastball on the cusp of 100 mph was all the indication needed to know just how good German Marquez felt Saturday.

He pitched two-hit ball over eight innings and Ian Desmond homered as the Colorado Rockies beat the Los Angeles Dodgers 3-1.

Marquez (6-8) retired his first 15 batters before Enrique Hernandez connected for a home run off the left-field foul pole leading off the sixth. After a Chase Utley single Authentic Alex Cappa Jersey , Marquez dispatched the Dodgers on three fly balls to end the inning and pumped his right fist to emphasize the moment.

”Isn’t that great? I loved that” Rockies manager Bud Black said of the fist pump. ”He uses (his energy) with his fastball. I want him to use it with his fastball but not overthrow. There is a time you can stand on a pitch and lean on it and I think he does that.”

He appeared to do just that with his fastball in the eighth inning. Facing Hernandez two innings after the home run, Marquez struck out the Dodgers’ utility man on a 99.9 mph fastball.

”No doubt I let it rip on that one,” Marquez said through an interpreter. ”But I worked hard in my preparation in between starts and my goal is to maintain my stamina deep into games. I think today I was able to accomplish that.”

Marquez struck out nine and walked none after entering with a 5.53 ERA, third-worst among qualified National League starters.

The Rockies closed out June with three consecutive victories and two consecutive over the Dodgers after getting swept by Los Angeles in a three-game series at Coors Field to begin the month. Colorado finished June with an 11-16 record.

Dodgers starter Kenta Maeda (5-5) gave up three runs, two earned Carlos Baerga Jersey , on five hits over seven innings and lost for the first time in four June starts. He had a short stint on the disabled list during the month due to a right hip strain. He struck out nine for the second consecutive start.

”It was a good outing,” Maeda said through an interpreter. ”My desire is to be able to pitch deeper into the game and being able to pitch seven innings and is a good thing. But unfortunately, we didn’t get the win and that was something we wanted.”

The Rockies took a 1-0 lead in the fourth when DJ LeMahieu scored from third base on a passed ball by catcher Yasmani Grandal. Nolan Arenado struck out, but advanced to first with LeMahieu scoring when the ball got through Grandal.

Desmond went deep in the fifth for a 2-0 lead. It was his 17th home run of the season and career-best 13th on the road.

Trevor Story doubled for the Rockies in the seventh and scored on Chris Iannetta’s single to make it 3-1.

After a strong start to the month, the Dodgers finished June with a 17-9 record Cheap Paul Worrilow Jersey , losing four of their last five games.

CLOSER FOR THE DAY

Rockies reliever Adam Ottavino pitched the ninth Saturday for his second save. Closer Wade Davis, who earned the save after Tyler Anderson’s eight-inning outing Friday, was given the night off.

”He pitched great and he deserved to win,” Ottavino said of Marquez. ”That’s two games straight that we got eight innings out of our starters so we appreciate that down in the bullpen. I think everybody does on the team so I think that was just an awesome job by (Marquez).”

Davis is expected to return to the closer role Sunday.

DODGERS DRIVE 55

Hernandez’s home run gave the Dodgers 55 in the month of June, to increase their franchise record for a month. The previous record of 53 was set in June of last season.

His home run was his 14th of the season and third this week. Max Muncy and Joc Pederson each finished with 10 home runs in June. Pederson has 11 on the season.

”I worked really hard in the off season to get stronger and get in better shape Cheap Barkevious Mingo Jersey ,” said Hernandez, whose previous best was 11 home runs last season. ”Last year I hit a lot of doubles and this year those doubles are turning into homers. Hopefully we can keep swinging the bats in July the way we are in June.”

TRAINER’S ROOM

Rockies: OF David Dahl (broken right foot) is out of a walking boot and will join the team Monday in Colorado to continue his rehab.

Dodgers: RHP Walker Buehler (right rib microfracture), who made one appearance this week after returning from the DL, will likely need two starts at Class A Rancho Cucamonga before he returns to the Dodgers, according to manager Dave Roberts. … RHP Pedro Baez (right biceps tendinitis) threw a 30-pitch bullpen session Cheap Harold Landry Jersey , but no timetable for his return has been revealed.

UP NEXT

Rockies right-hander Chad Bettis (5-1, 5.07 ERA) will be back on the road where he excels, as his five road victories were tied for third in the National League at the start of play Saturday. Dodgers right-hander Ross Stripling (6-2, 1.98) has a loss and a no-decision in his past two starts following a six-start win streak.

Because of th
Date: August 03, 2018 07:10AM

The New York Rangers fired coach Alain Vigneault hours after they missed the playoffs for the first time since 2010.

General manager Jeff Gorton announced the firing Saturday night Bob Feller Jersey , a full day before the end of the NHL regular season but long after New York’s playoff hopes were gone.

The Rangers will begin searching for his replacement immediately.

The Rangers made the playoffs in four of Vigneault’s five seasons as coach, including a 2014 trip to the Stanley Cup Final. They went 226-147-37 in the regular season under Vigneault, who is third in regular-season and playoff wins in franchise history.

New York’s front office decided in the middle of this season to go young, sell at the trade deadline and begin a rebuilding process in the hopes of becoming a title contender again. Vigneault repeatedly said he believed the Rangers would have made the playoffs if they didn’t go in that direction.

”I believe and some other people also believe that we would have gotten in, but a tough decision was made for the long-term future of this organization and you have to respect it Carlos Lee Jersey ,” Vigneault said recently.

After a 5-0 loss to the Philadelphia Flyers on Saturday afternoon, the veteran coach said he expected to be back next season.

”I think my staff is the right staff for this job,” Vigneault said. ”This is just my opinion, but I think one of the strongest assets of this organization is its coaching staff. They’re experienced, we’ve been able to do it with veteran players Youth J'Mon Moore Jersey , we’ve been able to do it with younger players, our development record.”

It’s unclear if assistants Lindy Ruff and Scott Arniel will return or be considered as head-coaching candidates.

When Gorton announced the Rangers’ pivot toward a youth movement, he said Vigneault’s future would be decided after the season. Before being fired, Vigneault made a passionate case to keep his job.

”I’ve gone through every facet, whether it be a young team David Ortiz Jersey , an old team, once we know the team, every year is the same thing,” Vigneault said. ”Once we know the team we try and put in a system, it maximizes their talent and their potential and try and mask and work on the areas that we need improvement.”

Vigneault Cheap Leighton Vander Esch Jersey , who turns 57 in May, has coached 16 NHL seasons for the Montreal Canadiens, Vancouver Canucks and Rangers. His team made the playoffs 11 times, and he took Vancouver to the 2011 Cup Final.

Because of that track record, Vigneault should be a candidate to coach in the NHL next season Authentic Clive Walford Jersey , which would take the Rangers off the hook for his contract, which was extended in early 2017.

More NHL hockey: .

Montgomery
Date: August 03, 2018 07:21AM

Paul George turned down one option and created a slew of new ones.

George has decided not to exercise his $20.7 million option for next season with the Oklahoma City Thunder Cheap Ian Thomas Jersey , a person with knowledge of the situation said Thursday. George will become an unrestricted free agent on Sunday.

The person spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity Thursday because neither George nor the team has publicly announced his decision. ESPN first reported George’s decision about the option year.

It was not an unexpected move for George, who averaged 21.9 points, 5.7 rebounds and 2.0 steals for the Thunder this past season. By not opting in to the final year of his existing deal, George opens up an array of possibilities – such as going elsewhere, possibly the Los Angeles Lakers Authentic Nyheim Hines Jersey , or signing a new deal with Oklahoma City.

He is also expected to be pursued by the Houston Rockets, who finished this past season with the NBA’s best regular-season record.

George may opt to sign a short-term deal, either with the Thunder or someplace else. He could also command as much as $176 million in a five-year deal if he chooses to stay in Oklahoma City and pair up with Russell Westbrook for years to come.

He will be one of the headline attractions when the free-agent shopping period officially opens at 12:01 a.m. EDT on Sunday, along with LeBron James – assuming that James chooses not to exercise his $35.6 million option for next season with the Cleveland Cavaliers.

The Thunder have long maintained that they want to keep George, whom they acquired a year ago in a trade with the Indiana Pacers.

”From the day that he arrived Cheap Rick Leonard Jersey , we really made a specific and intentional effort to build a relationship with Paul and his representation built on three things: collaboration, transparency, and trust,” Thunder GM Sam Presti said after the season. ”Those tenets were followed throughout the year and continued to be. I felt strongly about the relationship. I feel great about the communication and the honesty, about the way we started the relationship.”

George is a five-time All-Star who just turned 28. For his career between Indiana and Oklahoma City Authentic Justin Reid Jersey , he’s averaged 18.6 points and 6.2 rebounds while connecting on 38 percent of his tries from 3-point range.

Presti gambled a year ago by trading for George and Carmelo Anthony to join Westbrook in hopes of rejoining the NBA’s elite. It didn’t quite work out – the Thunder lost in the first round of the playoffs for the second straight year.

Anthony has exercised his $28 million option to stay with the Thunder for next season, doing so while insisting that he will not accept a role where he comes off the bench. But George has said he sees potential in Oklahoma City and seemed to enjoy pairing with Westbrook; the Thunder went 40-22 in their final 62 games of the regular season and got the No. 4 seed in the Western Conference.

”I think we’ve set the bar at what we could be,” George said at the end of the season. ”Obviously, it showed at times us just being together with our first year with the lapses and some of the losses that we’ve got this year. But as a whole, I had an amazing year here.”

The question now becomes Authentic Natrell Jamerson Jersey , was it George’s only year there?

”They honestly check the boxes where I needed those boxes to be checked from what a player wants and needs out of a front office, out of a medical group, out of teammates, out of a coaching staff,” George said. ”I mean Mike Montgomery Jersey , honestly, I can’t say it any more than that. They checked the boxes on what needs to be checked.”

The Thunder will soon find out if that’s enough to keep him.

AP Sports Writer Cliff Brunt in Oklahoma City contributed to this story.

It is the third strai
Date: August 03, 2018 07:32AM

The Latest from Game 4 of the Stanley Cup Final between the Washington Capitals and the Vegas Golden Knights (all times local):

11 p.m.

The Washington Capitals are one win away from the first Stanley Cup championship in the 43-year history of the franchise.

T.J. Oshie Authentic Robert Golden Jersey , Tom Wilson and Devante Smith-Pelly all scored in the first period and the Capitals cruised from there in routing the Vegas Golden Knights 6-2 to take a commanding 3-1 lead in the best-of-seven series.

Only the 1942 Detroit Red Wings have blown a 3-1 series lead after winning the first three games against Toronto.

Game 5 is Thursday night in Las Vegas.

10:45 p.m.

James Neal has ended a long scoring drought for the Vegas Golden Knights and Reilly Smith added another goal, but the Washington Capitals still lead 5-2 late in Game 4 of the Stanley Cup Final.

Neal scored 5:43 into the third period. He had missed an open net in the first period, when the game was scoreless. His goal broke up Braden Holtby’s shutout bid. It was the first goal against Holtby in 62:14 of ice time, since Game 3.

Smith added another with 7:35 left in the game Authentic Nathan Shepherd Jersey , but Michal Kempny answered with a goal little more than minute later to restore a three-goal lead.

The Capitals are looking to take a 3-1 lead in the best-of-7 series that continues with Game 5 on Thursday night in Las Vegas.

9:55 p.m.

The Washington Capitals are 20 minutes away from a commanding 3-1 lead in the Stanley Cup Final against the Vegas Golden Knights.

John Carlson scored the only goal of the second period on a power play at 15:23, giving the Capitals a 4-0 lead. T.J. Oshie, Tom Wilson and Devante Smith-Pelly all scored in the first period.

Vegas is still trying to find a way to put the puck past goalie Braden Holtby.

The Golden Knights have not held the lead since Game 1 and have been outscored 10-3 since winning the opener. Game 5 is Thursday night in Las Vegas.

9:40 p.m.

The Washington Capitals got three goals in the first period of Game 4 and are spending much of the second period making sure the lead stands up against the Vegas Golden Knights.

Striving to take a 3-1 lead in the best-of-7 Stanley Cup Final, the Capitals have killed a pair of power plays to maintain a three-goal cushion.

Vegas has a 20-13 advantage in shots on goal Cheap Frank Ragnow Jersey , but Washington has goals from T.J. Oshie, Tom Wilson and Devante Smith-Pelly.

The Capitals have not trailed at any point since their Game 1 loss.

9:30 p.m.

High schooler Jack Merritt threw a crab on the ice after Game 3 of the Stanley Cup Final and hopes it becomes a Washington Capitals tradition.

The 15-year-old from Chevy Chase, Maryland, said before Game 4 that a crab is better than the ”stupid” plastic flamingo thrown onto the ice to celebrate Vegas Golden Knights wins. He knows all about the plastic rats in Florida Cheap Russell Bodine Jersey , the octopi in Detroit and the catfish in Nashville. He wants crabs to be a thing at Capital One Arena after Washington victories.

Merritt bought a crab from a local restaurant before Game 3 and brought it into the arena with hope. He got down to the lower bowl from his upper-deck seats and managed to get the crab on the ice after the Capitals beat the Golden Knights 3-1 to take a 2-1 series lead.

Without tickets to Game 4, Merritt only hopes someone else follows his lead.

9:10 p.m.

Capitals fans had plenty to cheer about during the first period of Game 4 of the Stanley Cup Final after goals by T.J. Oshie, Tom Wilson and Devante Smith-Pelly.

They also got to cheer during a TV timeout.

Two months after the Humboldt Broncos’ bus crash killed 16 in Canada, forward Kaleb Dahlgren from the Saskatchewan junior league was shown on video screens at Capital One Arena.

Dahlgren got a nice reaction from the crowd and then a roar when he lifted up his yellow Humboldt jersey to reveal a red Capitals jersey.

9 p.m.

The Washington Capitals have taken a 3-0 lead into the first intermission of Game 4 of the Stanley Cup Final against the Vegas Golden Knights.

Washington is looking to take a 3-1 advantage in the best-of-7 series.

Tom Wilson and Devante Smith-Pelly both scored in the final four minutes of the period after T.J. Oshie put the Capitals on top with a power-play goal 9:56 into the game.

Wilson is known for hard checks and time spent in the penalty box Fergie Jenkins Jersey , but on this occasion he beat Vegas goaltender Marc-Andre Fleury with a shot from the slot at 3:58. Not long after that, Smith-Pelly scored from a tough angle on the left side after a weird bounce.

Earlier, with the game scoreless and the Golden Knights on the power play, Vegas winger James Neal hit the post in front of an open net.

8:35 p.m.

T.J. Oshie has given Washington an early 1-0 lead over Vegas in Game 4 of the Stanley Cup Final.

Evgeny Kuznetsov’s shot off Vegas goaltender Marc-Andre Fleury rebounded to Oshie in front of the net and he jammed it home on the power play 9:54 into the first period.

The Golden Knights look much quicker on offense than in Game 3 Nolan Ryan Jersey , when they took only 22 shots. James Neal missed a golden opportunity to open the scoring, hitting the right post when firing at an open net.

It is the third straight game the Capitals have scored first and they have won the last two for a 2-1 series lead.

8:20 p.m.

The puck has dropped, and Game 3 of the Stanley Cup Final is under way in the nation’s capital with Vegas trying to even the series against Washington at 2-2.

The Golden Knights are starting Tomas Tatar in place of.

”It’s a creative game.
Date: August 03, 2018 07:40AM

Like he does with so many things Cheap Antonio Callaway Jersey , Sidney Crosby makes it look easy.

There was the time he shot the puck off the post and swatted the rebound into the net out of midair. Or, the time he waited for the puck to drop and backhanded it in for a goal. Or, when knocked the puck up to himself with his stick before tapping it in.

”I think it’s just instincts,” Crosby said.

It’s actually a mix of natural talent, instincts, awareness, timing, patience and hand-eye coordination. Crosby’s Pittsburgh teammates are still amazed every time he does it – and they should be.

”It’s just a reactionary thing Cheap Derrius Guice Jersey ,” Penguins winger Conor Sheary said. ”When you see the puck go in the air, you just try to bat it. He’s better at it than a lot of other guys, and I don’t know what that is.”

Batting a fluttering piece of frozen rubber 3 inches in diameter and 1-inch thick with a stick blade 2 to 3 inches wide is no simple task. Doing it at full speed in an NHL playoff game certainly raises the degree of difficulty. Yet a handful of goals have been scored or saved already this postseason with a player somehow able to connecting their stick with an airborne puck at the perfect time.

As recently as Tuesday night, Capitals winger Alex Ovechkin batted the puck out of the air off the post in Crosby-esque fashion for the game-winner to beat the Penguins.

”I hit the post and it’s a good thing I didn’t raise my arms up,” Ovechkin said. ”I finished up the play and got lucky.”

Teams don’t have drills for this kind of thing, but hockey players are always noodling with the puck, so the familiarity with both stick and puck becomes ingrained at an early age. Playing baseball and other sports growing up can’t hurt. Washington Capitals forward Brett Connolly, who scored a baseball-style goal with Boston in 2015 Redskins Cheap Jerseys , thinks players learn the skill and try to use it when they can.

”Your athleticism kind of takes over at that point,” Connolly said. ”Once your hand-eye is at a high level, you kind of track the puck. I think as hockey players we’re always looking around, we’re so quick, our eyes are all over the place and we’re staring at the puck. You kind of just take a chance at it and sometimes it works out.”

It worked out for Toronto’s Connor Brown on his goal in Game 5 of the first round when the puck bounced off a defenseman’s stick and he knocked it in before goaltender Tuukka Rask knew where it was. Columbus goalie Sergei Bobrovsky didn’t know where the puck was when captain Nick Foligno whacked it out of the air to prevent a goal during the first round against Washington, either, a product of years of work.

”That was actually my guy, so the least I could do was bat it out Authentic Derrick Nnadi Jersey ,” Foligno said. ”Honestly, I practice it so much with playing around with the puck that you just get used to it playing so many years. Obviously, a little bit of luck to make sure you get it out and not hit somewhere else.”

To the surprise of no one, Crosby’s career is full of similar highlights. He once slugged a home run during batting practice at PNC Park some years ago.

On the ice, Crosby doesn’t have to hit the puck as hard as Aaron Judge hits a baseball or as precisely as Roger Federer hits a tennis ball, but Penguins winger Bryan Rust correctly points out: ”They’re also looking for it to be in the air. Our sport, the puck’s not supposed to be in the air.”

Crosby and others figure it out anyway.

”There’s a lot of things you’ve got to be aware of, and you need pucks to be in those areas to do it Cheap Carlton Davis Jersey ,” Crosby said. ”Sometimes you can go a period of time where you don’t get a puck that sits right there for you. I’ve been around the net when pucks have been able to kind of just lay there for me. There’s a lot of different factors, but I think just being in and around the net trying to expect different things and being ready for it.”

Playing peewee baseball explains some of it for Crosby, a two-time season and playoff MVP who works on redirecting and bating pucks so often in practice it has become a routine way for him to score.

Not so much for others, like Bruins forward Sean Kuraly, who played the waiting game during Game 1 of Boston’s series against Toronto and batted the puck in while falling over Maple Leafs goaltender Frederik Andersen.

”You have to wait for the puck to come down,” the otherwise-impatient Kuraly said. ”I’m a terrible baseball player. It has nothing to do with baseball.”

Goalies with thicker blades on their sticks get into the act, too. Andersen robbed Rick Nash on a sure-fire goal in the first round in Game 6, and Pittsburgh’s Matt Murray extended his stick to stop Ovechkin in Game 2 of the Penguins-Capitals series.

Goaltenders are counted on to keep the puck out by any means necessary.

Scoring a goal by batting the puck in? Well Authentic D.J. Fluker Jersey , that’s just fun.
You’ve got to mix it up and be creative,” Connolly said. ”To score, you’ve got to try and do something different sometimes to get one.”

AP Sports Writers Jimmy Golen in Boston and Will Graves in Pittsburgh contributed.

Washi
Date: August 07, 2018 03:29AM

WASHINGTON — In the penultimate game of the regular season Brian O'Neill Color Rush Jersey , the Nashville Predators are still jockeying for playoff position, while the Washington Capitals have a division title and their postseason placement secured.

So, this showdown between two division leaders might not have as much luster as if it had been played in February, but for the Predators, who are seeking the first Central Division crown in club history Leighton Vander Esch Color Rush Jersey , it is still a critical contest.

“We’ve clinched a playoff (berth), but there’s still a lot of goals we want to achieve, and it’s good for us that we’re trying to play desperate right now,” Nashville defenseman Roman Josi told the team’s website on Wednesday. “We’re playing for something, and that’s definitely going to help going into playoffs.”

The Predators were still steaming about Tuesday’s 2-1 loss to the Florida Panthers http://www.jaguarsauthorizedshops.com/authentic-taven-bryan-jersey , in which the apparent game-tying goal by Filip Forsberg in the final second was overturned by a controversial goaltender interference call. Now, with Winnipeg on its tail for the division title, Nashville will have to play tough against the Capitals and the Columbus Blue Jackets on Saturday to make some franchise history and potentially snag home-ice advantage in the Western Conference.

“You have to move on,” Forsberg told the team’s website. “You can’t do anything about it now. You just have to play the next game.”

That next game will be against the Capitals, who have surged down the stretch Russell Bodine Color Rush Jersey , going 11-2-0 to clinch their third straight Metropolitan Division title. Washington head coach Barry Trotz isn’t planning on using this matchup against Nashville to gauge how his team looks against another title contender, however.

“I don’t think I’d use it as a measuring stick,” Trotz told reporters after practice on Wednesday. “We’ve been weighed and measured all year against teams in our own division.”

Washington is in evaluation mode at this point, mixing and matching lineups to figure out who will be in the plans once the postseason begins. To that end, the team recalled forward Travis Boyd and defenseman Madison Bowey from AHL Hershey on Wednesday.

“Coming back here http://www.vikingsauthorizedshops.com/authentic-jalyn-holmes-jersey , I have a lot of confidence and I’m just ready to help the guys out if needed and when I’m called upon,” Bowey said.

Capitals star Alexander Ovechkin crashed into the boards during Monday’s game at the St. Louis Blues, giving the team a slight scare. Ovechkin took a maintenance day on Wednesday and Trotz said the team would “see where he is” before a decision on his playing time.

Washington’s rotating goalie situation will also be addressed on game day. Philipp Grubauer and Braden Holtby are both coming off impressive victories against the Penguins and Blues, respectively, and with Trotz open to playing both during the playoffs Josh Sweat Color Rush Jersey , gaining valuable experience against an explosive Predators team could be key.

Nashville figures to start Pekka Rinne in net for this important contest.

“It’s a big test for us, and I think our team always shows up when there’s a big game,” Josi said.

Re: Prom dress selection in case you pick on the internet buying
Posted by: chenjinyan11 (31.6.50.---)
Date: August 14, 2018 06:46AM

cc20180815
[www.nikeairmax1.us]
[www.canadiangoose.com.co]
[www.swarovskioutlets.us.com]
[www.canadagoose-coats.com]
[www.uggsoutlet-clearance.us.com]
[www.converseallstar.us.com]
[www.jordanretro.name]
[www.pandorajewelryus.us.com]
[www.canadagoosesaleoutlet.us.com]
[www.adadassuperstar.com]
[www.raybanssunglasseses.us.com]
[www.drmartensboots.name]
[www.pandoracharms.us.com]
[www.airmax2019.us.com]
[www.adidascampusshoes.us]
[www.timberlandboots.in.net]
[www.jordanshoesforsale.us.com]
[www.uggsoutletofficials.us.com]
[www.michaelkorsoutlets.us.com]
[www.oksunglasses.com.co]
[www.nikezoom.us]
[www.cheapraybans.com.co]
[www.raybanssunglassesoutlet.us.com]
[www.katespadehandbags.in.net]
[www.cristianoronaldojerseys.com]
[www.jordanshoes.in.net]
[www.columbiashoesoutlet.us.com]
[www.moncler-outlet.us.org]
[www.longchampoutletonline.in.net]
[www.coach-factoryoutletsonline.us.com]
[www.coach-outletonline.eu.com]
[www.okaleysunglasseses.us.com]
[www.michaelkors-outlet.in.net]
[www.pittsburghpiratesjerseys.us]
[www.timberlandboots.name]
[www.coachfactory-outlet.in.net]
[www.nike-airpresto.com]
[www.jimmychoo-outlet.us.com]
[www.fredperrypoloshirts.in.net]
[www.baltimoreoriolesjerseys.us]
[www.fitflops-saleclearance.us.org]
[www.cheapjordans-shoes.us.com]
[www.asicsshoes-outlet.us.com]
[www.seattlemarinersjerseys.us]
[www.coachfactoryoutlet-stores.us.com]
[www.pandorastore.us.com]
[www.airmax-97.us]
[www.adidasyeezyshoes.us.com]
[www.michaelkors-outlet.com.co]
[www.moncleroutlet.me.uk]
[www.mulberryoutletuk.me.uk]
[www.coachfactoryoutlet-storeonline.us.com]
[www.cheapoakleysunglasses.com.co]
[www.jewelleryscharm.com]
[www.birkenstockoutlets.us.org]
[www.pandorajewelrypandora.us.com]
[www.moncleroutlets.us.org]
[www.fitflopssale.us.com]
[www.michaelkorsoutletstore.in.net]
[www.coach-factoryoutletstore.us.com]
[www.chicagowhitesoxjersey.us]
[www.hermesbirkin.in.net]
[www.hermesbag.us.com]
[www.kate-spade.us.com]
[www.nike-airfoamposite.com]
[www.airmax90.org]
[www.outletlouisvuitton.us.com]
[www.uggshoes.com.co]
[www.adidasyeezyboost-350.us.com]
[www.coachoutletstore-online.us.com]
[www.oakley--sunglasses.us.org]
[www.airmax-2018.com]
[www.christianlouboutinoutlet.us]
[www.outletcoachstore.us.com]
[www.nikeairmax87.com]
[www.pradaoutlets.us.com]
[www.outlettoms.us.com]
[www.coach-outlet.us.com]
[www.michaelkorshandbags.us.org]
[www.rolexreplica-watches.us.com]
cc20180815

ones, 45, jo
Posted by: elaine95 (---.fwd.paradisenetworks.net)
Date: August 15, 2018 01:21AM

The first taste of the NBA playoffs for Timberwolves All-Star Karl-Anthony Towns has been rather bitter Blake Martinez Packers Jersey , thanks to the 3-point-happy Houston Rockets.

The two-game totals tell a frustrating story for the 22-year-old: just 13 points, 5 for 18 shooting and a 2-0 deficit in the series against the Rockets. Towns has found himself the subject of pointed criticism from analysts, fans and even his own team.

The switch-heavy Rockets have double-teamed Towns to a stifling effect, and the Timberwolves sure haven’t helped their 7-footer out by getting him the ball in favorable situations in the post.

”They’re coming to double. He knows that. He has to face up, be strong with the ball, make quick moves,” point guard Jeff Teague said. ”But we have to figure out how to get him running, get him some easy buckets.”

The team’s struggles have taken a little luster off Minnesota’s first postseason home game in 14 years, but the fans who remember the Timberwolves reaching the Western Conference finals in 2004 will surely be eager to witness the playoffs in person no matter the daunting challenge in this first round.

”This organization, all of our fans, they deserve this moment Eli Manning Jersey ,” Towns said.

And they want a win.

The Timberwolves host the Rockets on Saturday night in Game 3. Earlier in the day, Miami takes on Philadelphia in the Eastern Conference and New Orleans hosts Portland, both in Game 4. Later, Utah visits Oklahoma City in Game 3.

Towns tried his best to shrug off the bad vibes and stinging rebukes when speaking with reporters on Friday.

”You dwell too much on the past, you forget that you’ve got to take care of the present,” Towns said.

The chatter on TV and Twitter, he said, has escaped him.

”I live my life very Amish-like,” Towns said. ”Other than video games, I don’t think I have a reason for electronics. It’s a life that I’ve always loved.”

76ERS AT HEAT

76ers lead 2-1. Game 4, 2:30 p.m. EDT Tremaine Edmunds Jersey , TNT

NEED TO KNOW: It’s simple: The team that has imposed its will is 3-0 in this series. Philadelphia took the pace where it wanted it in Games 1 and 3. Miami out-toughed the 76ers in Game 2. The Heat have to find a way to keep Philadelphia’s 3-point shooting in check; the 76ers made 18 shots from beyond the arc in Game 3. Joel Embiid is back from a concussion and a broken bone around his eye, and an already-confident Philadelphia bunch seems to have even more swagger now.

KEEP AN EYE ON: 76ers guard Marco Belinelli. The 76ers are 25-6 when he plays and 14-1 when he scores at least 15 points. In this series, he’s 13 for 27 on shots from 20 feet and deeper, and many of those makes have been daggers for Miami.

PRESSURE IS ON: Heat center Hassan Whiteside . Backups Kelly Olynyk and Bam Adebayo have played a combined 145 minutes in this series, while Whiteside has played only 41, with 11 points, nine fouls, seven turnovers and three field goals in the three games. There’s no room for error now for Miami, so either Whiteside will figure it out fast in Game 4 or the Heat will get someone else into his spot.

HISTORY LESSON: This is the fourth time in Dwyane Wade’s career that the Heat have trailed an Eastern Conference opponent 2-1. In the three previous Game 4s in that scenario, Miami has won all three with Wade averaging 26.7 points in those second-round games against Indiana (2004 and 2012) and Toronto (2016).

TRAIL BLAZERS AT PELICANS

Pelicans lead 3-0. Game 4, 5 p.m. EDT Donte Jackson Panthers Jersey , TNT.

NEED TO KNOW: The sixth-seeded Pelicans are on the cusp of a surprising sweep of the third-seeded Blazers, and their margin of victory has grown in each game. They dominated Game 3, leading by as many as 20 points in the first half and 33 in the second. Veteran guard Rajon Rondo has masterfully run the offense, and the Pelicans have played unselfishly with a different scoring leader in each game: Anthony Davis with 35 in Game 1, Jrue Holiday with 33 in Game 2 and Nikola Mirotic with 30 in Game 3.

KEEP AN EYE ON: Portland’s body language, intensity and aggressiveness. Guard Damian Lillard challenged the Blazers to ramp up those aspects of their game, stressing that the Pelicans were ”a lot more aggressive than we were and we didn’t dish it back out. I think in the playoffs and in a situation like this, when a team is coming for you like that, you’ve got to maybe go out of your way to do it back, even if that means foul trouble or some altercations happen out there.”

PRESSURE IS ON: Lillard. The Pelicans have sold out to stop the Portland star, who missed nine of 14 shots in Game 3. ”It’s either going to be a tough shot Ezekiel Elliott Jersey Elite , or I’ve got to give the ball up,” Lillard said. ”I’ve got to trust making the right play, and when it comes time I’ve got to take my chances and I’ve got to take those tough shots.”

INJURY UPDATE: Blazers starting forward Evan Turner missed Game 3 because of a toe injury in Game 2. The team did not update his status on Friday.

ROCKETS AT TIMBERWOLVES

Rockets lead 2-0. Game 3, 7:30 p.m. EDT, ESPN.

NEED TO KNOW: The Rockets cruised to a 20-point victory in Game 2 despite only 12 points on a staggering 2-for-18 shooting performance by James Harden. After squandering their chance to steal Game 1 on the road in a three-point loss, the Wolves are back home in a big hole against the team with the best record in the NBA. They’ll need a big boost from a home crowd celebrating the team’s return to the postseason to send the series back to Houston for a Game 5.

KEEP AN EYE ON: Ger The Seattle Seahawks have ”mutually parted ways” with defensive assistant coach Travis Jones after five seasons with the team.

The Seahawks announced the decision Monday. Jones served as Seattle’s defensive line coach from 2013-16 and moved into a defensive assistant role with the team for the 2017 season.

Jones, 45, joined Seattle the year the Seahawks won the Super Bowl with the best defense in the NFL. Before joining the Seahawks, Jones spent five seasons as a coach with the New Orleans Saints.

Clint Hurtt was Seattle’s defensive line coach in 2017.

Jones is the fifth member of Seattle’s coaching staff from the 2017 season that will not be returning.

d in the Atla
Posted by: elaine95 (---.fwd.paradisenetworks.net)
Date: August 15, 2018 01:33AM

The Minnesota Vikings will induct former head coach Dennis Green into their Ring of Honor this season.

The Vikings announced Monday they’ll hold a halftime ceremony with Green’s family during their Sept. 23 game against Buffalo. Green died at age 67 in 2016.

His record over 10 seasons was 101-70 Tremaine Edmunds Jersey Youth , including eight trips to the playoffs. Only Bud Grant has more wins in franchise history. The Vikings won four division titles and reached the NFC championship game twice under his guidance, setting what was then the NFL single-season scoring record with 556 points in 1998.

Green was also credited with initiating a culture of regular community service by players on their Tuesdays off from practice during the season.

He’s the 24th member of the Vikings’ Ring of Honor .

Eras change. Stars change. Coaches change. Styles change.

Coming into this week, the Pittsburgh Penguins had won nine of 10 meetings in the postseason against the Washington Capitals. It is a history marked by epic collapse, unlikely comebacks and wild finishes.

Sidney Crosby Billy Price Jersey , Alex Ovechkin and company rewrote the script a bit this time around: Washington is moving on after ousting the two-time defending Stanley Cup champion Penguins in six games. Here’s an updated history lesson:

THE YEAR: 1991

THE ROUND: Patrick Division Finals

THE RESULT: Penguins in 5.

THE DEFINING MOMENT: The Capitals scored three times in the first 10:26 of the third period of Game 2 in Pittsburgh to take the lead. Randy Gilhen – he of the three career playoff goals – jumped onto the ice during a delayed Washington penalty and emerged from a sea of bodies to tie it with less than 5 minutes left in regulation. Kevin Stevens won it with a wrist shot off a pretty setup by Ron Francis 8:10 into overtime to even the series. The Capitals scored three goals total the rest of the way as the Penguins advanced to the conference finals for the first time in franchise history.

GUT PUNCH LEVEL: 2. The massively talented Penguins had seven Hall of Famers on the roster (eight if you include the ageless and sure-to-be inducted Jaromir Jagr) and won their first Cup two rounds later.

THE YEAR: 1992

THE ROUND: Patrick Division Semifinals

THE DEFINING MOMENT: The Capitals sprinted to a 3-1 series lead. After getting drilled at home in Game 5, Washington led 4-2 4 minutes into the second period of Game 6. And then Mario Lemieux happened. Super Mario scored or assisted on three power-play goals over the final 30 minutes as the Penguins tied the series, then shut the Caps down in Game 7, a 3-1 win on the road to propel them to a second straight Cup.

GUT PUNCH LEVEL: 8. Pittsburgh had a bit of a Cup hangover after winning it all in `91 and appeared on the verge of collapse after the Capitals crushed them 7-2 in Game 4. And then … well Vontaze Burfict Bengals Jersey , consider this the start of a trend.

THE YEAR: 1994

THE SERIES: Capitals in 6.

THE DEFINING MOMENT: Washington again jumped out to a 3-1 series lead only to lose Game 5. Back home for Game 6, the Capitals went up 3-0 only to have the Penguins cut it to 3-2 after the first period. Momentum teetering, Washington defenseman Calle Johansson beat Tom Barrasso 1:25 into the second to restore the Caps’ two-goal lead and Washington closed out Pittsburgh for the first time.

GUT PUNCH LEVEL: 6. Pittsburgh viewed 1994 as a redemption tour after its bid for a three-peat was derailed by the Islanders in the 1993 playoffs. The Penguins won the Northeast Division and had the third-best record in the league only to lose to a Capitals team that started the season 0-6 and fired coach Terry Murray at midseason and replaced him with Jim Schoenfeld.

THE YEAR: 1995

THE DEFINING MOMENT: Lemieux sat out the lockout-shortened 1994-95 season due to fatigue and the Capitals took advantage in the playoffs. Washington – stop us if you’ve heard this before – headed to Pittsburgh with a 3-1 lead and jumped ahead four separate times in front of a stunned crowd at the Igloo. Kevin Stevens, however Josh Rosen Youth Jersey , drew the Penguins even with 8:18 left in regulation and Luc Robitaille kept Pittsburgh’s season alive with his OT winner 4:30 into the first extra period to give the Penguins a 6-5 victory. Pittsburgh went on to win Games 6 and 7 by a combined 10-1.

GUT PUNCH LEVEL: 9. For a franchise that didn’t exactly have a reputation for answering when pushed, Washington’s remarkable play in Game 5 went against the grain and it didn’t have to worry about Lemieux. And yet …

THE YEAR: 1996

THE SERIES: Penguins in 6.

THE DEFINING MOMENT: Make it defining moments. All of them seeming to come in an epic Game 4 . The Capitals led 2-1 and didn’t have to contend with Lemieux after he was ejected late in the second period for fighting Washington’s Pat Peake. Regulation ended tied at 2. So did the first overtime. And the second (after Washington’s Joe Juneau couldn’t convert the first overtime penalty shot in NHL history). And the third. With 45 seconds left in the fourth extra period, Petr Nedved threw a shot in from outside the left circle that slipped by Olaf Kolzig and into the net to tie the series. Pittsburgh captured the next two to advance to the conference finals.

GUT PUNCH LEVEL: They might not have invented the number yet to rate the emotional toll of this one. Say ”Nedved” around Caps fans at your own risk.

THE YEAR: 2000

THE SERIES: Penguins in 5.

THE DEFINING MOMENT: Washington lost 7-0 in Game 1, but had a chance to even the series when Game 2 went to overtime. Jaromir Jagr Sam Darnold Jersey Youth , however, effectively ended the competitive portion of things with a power-play goal 5:49 into overtime as the Penguins – who finished a middling third in the Atlantic Division – knocked off the Southeast Division champions with relative ease.

GUT PUNCH LEVEL: 3. Washington’s record was a bit of a mirage in a division that included the teams (Atlanta and Tampa Bay) that finished with the two worst records in the NHL.

THE YEAR: 2001

THE SER.

Pages: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.