Around the System :  JetPiedmont.com The fastest message board... ever.
General Discussion of Events of Interest 
the shifts that are occurring withi
Posted by: yaya2017 (104.248.48.---)
Date: January 18, 2019 03:46AM

Much like the Dickies and Carhartts you fell in love Nike Air Max 2017 Dames with last year, these work boots are affordable, handsome, and will last you a decade.Real ones know these sturdy, reliable classics as the "Beef and Broccoli."Murdered-out, Darth Vader–on-Hoth–type vibes.Welcome Nike M2k Tekno Homme to Fashionating, a column with scathing Adidas Superstar Dames fashion truths you may not be ready to hear.The time of the beautiful few has come to its brutal conclusion. In 2018, fashion trends celebrated the luxury of ugliness, glorifying anti-style in the midst of political and cultural chaos: Dad shoes and Birkenstocks; www.martijnvanbelzen.nl tiny bags, tacky bags emblazoned with designer labels; cargo pants, bootcut jeans, tube tops, and fucking glitter—practically anything that has been considered Nike Air Max Axis Femme uncool became popular. By glorifying the grotesque, we have culturally advanced back to where we www.johanweststeijn.nl were in the 1990s, or perhaps more distinctly, to the winter of 1999, Nike Air Vapormax Femme preparing for the Y2K digital doomsday while failing to anticipate the political horrors that would befall the United States in the 21st century.

One of my style rules: Never try to be beautiful. That’s Nike Air Max 270 Dames based on my experience with trying and failing Nike Air Max 2017 Dames to conform to whatever stupid idea of beauty society burned into my subconscious. I still feel ugly every day, even though I’ve done lots of things to make myself feel less ugly. That’s why I care more about owning my own style than making my body desirable Nike Air Zoom Spiridon Femme to other people; there are concrete limits to how much I can alter my body, but I have complete control over what I wear. So I reject popular notions of beauty, celebrating Nike Air Max 270 Dames the oily slick of Severus Snape’s lob and disappearing my body (which I may never find pretty) underneath massively oversized, rare, vintage Silence of The Lambs T-shirts.

The nation has fallen to darkness. This is made clearer every day as new political nightmares are exposed and deliberated over constantly online, on television, in articles, and real www.adeninavarra.es life. That fall is what influenced me to dyed my hair black Nike Air Max 90 Femme Rose last spring, even though I knew I’d regret it and damage it trying to go back: I was so buried within existential darkness that I needed to disappear behind a blanket of shadows. Last week, I lightened it back to my natural color. My once-soft and Nike Air Presto Damesl] -natural hair is now dead and matted. It will never recover; I’ll have to cut it away.The fashion industry will always be stupid and disgusting—but the shifts that are occurring within it, the popularization of previously abhorred garments, is a representation of Nike Air Max 90 Femme a cultural flight from the illusion of sanity. We know we’re not OK; we know we’re not attractive; we know that if we are to survive we this cultural chaos, we must finally make the most damaged pieces of ourselves resplendent in brokenness, without trying to become Adidas ZX 700 Dames beautiful.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.