Memorable Moments :  JetPiedmont.com The fastest message board... ever.
General Discussion of Piedmont Memorable Moments 
I Remember a Time When. . .
Posted by: Andy Ray (---.atl.mediaone.net)
Date: February 23, 2002 09:47PM

... we had an agent in IAH comat a canoe to another agent in FAY. The canoe took up all of “Bin Three” (rear part of the forward cargo hold) in a 727 on a flight that ran IAH, CLT, FAY, ORF, and LGA. Before the flight got to CLT (with the canoe already on board), we called CLT and asked to speak to one of the agents who would be working Flight 52 as it passed through that station. Without any specifics, we told him if he noticed anything unusual in Bin 3 to just ignore it and we would be happy to tend to any “unusualness” when the flight got to FAY. Needless to say the canoe arrived in fine order. It looked funny to see five baggage carts behind a tug – four with bags and one with a canoe.
** Accommodating **
... a regular passenger who I will call, “Mr. C”, came from LGA down to FAY every other weekend. He would buy 26 round-trip tickets at one time every year, usually in January. He always brought me a Christmas or New Years present, depending on his schedule that particular year. “Mr. C” was unique. The only thing he ever wanted was seat 3C, to board with the pre-boards, and to visit with us for a minute or two when he walked up to the gate. We kept up with his travel cycles. We would always pull his “3C Sticky Tab” long before he would get to the airport.
** Best Customers **
... I held the start valve open with a long screwdriver on a balky engine of a 737 for the first time. To be an operations agent and have your face only about a foot away from the side of a JT8 engine when it started was, how best to put it, “exciting?” We got the flight out on time! My heart returned to normal later in the day!
** Resourceful **
... there was a little nut shop in the old gate area in LGA that had the best cashew nuts in the world. I was working in FAY one evening and got hungry for some “New York Cashews.” I called operations in LGA and asked to speak to whoever was the captain of flight 359 that would wind up in FAY about three hours later. I asked the captain if he would spot me five bucks and buy me some cashews. I said I’d pay him on arrival. He did and I did.
** Trust and Respect **
... I met Mr. Davis the second time. He remembered my name from the first time.
** Class **
Andy Ray
FAY/BWI/INT

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I Remember a Time When. . .
Posted by: nancy coffey (---.ne.client2.attbi.com)
Date: April 13, 2002 08:03PM

i remember a time when we used to race the cushmans down around the ramp in between flights and then one day a bunch of us put one of the ramp workers in the baggage compartment cause he was being obnoxious and locked him in there and convinced him we were shipping him to clt (of course we didn't though we were tempted) it was a riot for some insane reason he never was obnoxious again.....i also remember one pilot finding out that it was my first time bringing a plane in on the ramp and when i gave him the signal to stop and i looked up at him after he did he was wearing an elephant mask with the trunk hanging out omg i will never forget him as long as i live i laughed hard and still giggle when i think about him

Posted by: Pam Wilson-Masone (---.as.wcom.net)
Date: June 30, 2002 05:19PM

see my story under "on the job pranks"..

Posted by: chenjinyan11 (31.6.50.---)
Date: August 14, 2018 07:02AM

cc20180815
[www.airmax2019.us.com]
[www.adidascampusshoes.us]
[www.timberlandboots.in.net]
[www.jordanshoesforsale.us.com]
[www.uggsoutletofficials.us.com]
[www.michaelkorsoutlets.us.com]
[www.oksunglasses.com.co]
[www.nikezoom.us]
[www.cheapraybans.com.co]
[www.raybanssunglassesoutlet.us.com]
[www.katespadehandbags.in.net]
[www.cristianoronaldojerseys.com]
[www.jordanshoes.in.net]
[www.columbiashoesoutlet.us.com]
[www.moncler-outlet.us.org]
[www.longchampoutletonline.in.net]
[www.coach-factoryoutletsonline.us.com]
[www.coach-outletonline.eu.com]
[www.okaleysunglasseses.us.com]
[www.michaelkors-outlet.in.net]
[www.pittsburghpiratesjerseys.us]
[www.timberlandboots.name]
[www.coachfactory-outlet.in.net]
[www.nike-airpresto.com]
[www.jimmychoo-outlet.us.com]
[www.fredperrypoloshirts.in.net]
[www.baltimoreoriolesjerseys.us]
[www.fitflops-saleclearance.us.org]
[www.cheapjordans-shoes.us.com]
[www.asicsshoes-outlet.us.com]
[www.seattlemarinersjerseys.us]
[www.coachfactoryoutlet-stores.us.com]
[www.pandorastore.us.com]
[www.airmax-97.us]
[www.adidasyeezyshoes.us.com]
[www.michaelkors-outlet.com.co]
[www.moncleroutlet.me.uk]
[www.mulberryoutletuk.me.uk]
[www.coachfactoryoutlet-storeonline.us.com]
[www.cheapoakleysunglasses.com.co]
[www.jewelleryscharm.com]
[www.birkenstockoutlets.us.org]
[www.pandorajewelrypandora.us.com]
[www.moncleroutlets.us.org]
[www.fitflopssale.us.com]
[www.michaelkorsoutletstore.in.net]
[www.coach-factoryoutletstore.us.com]
[www.chicagowhitesoxjersey.us]
[www.hermesbirkin.in.net]
[www.hermesbag.us.com]
[www.kate-spade.us.com]
[www.nike-airfoamposite.com]
[www.airmax90.org]
[www.outletlouisvuitton.us.com]
[www.uggshoes.com.co]
[www.adidasyeezyboost-350.us.com]
cc20180815

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.