Memorable Moments :  JetPiedmont.com The fastest message board... ever.
General Discussion of Piedmont Memorable Moments 
Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Few Piedmont Aircraft left at USAirways
Posted by: Steve Lyons (---.chartertn.net)
Date: October 14, 2003 08:45PM

UPDATE....

Actually, at this point in time......
I doubt there are very many old Piedmont aircraft left still flying at all.
Based on what I see on the airliners.net web site.
I see pics of perfectly good 737-400 trashed.
Does anyone know now exactly how many ex-Piedmont aircraft remain in the air????
It would now be very interesting info to have.
If there are just a few, then that would appear to be par for the course. :(

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Pam Horton (---.hr.hr.cox.net)
Date: December 03, 2003 03:43AM

Steve, one of the problems with US and the aircraft is that US simply doesn't take care of anything. Never has. Never will.

Posted by: Gary Malanowski (---.35-65.tampabay.res.rr.com)
Date: August 14, 2005 02:45AM

This is just a quick word to say that I was privileged to be on the delivery flight of the first Piedmont 737-300 from Boeing to Greensboro in May, '85. Great memories!

Posted by: Morris Crowder, Jr. (---.lvs.dupont.com)
Date: October 10, 2005 07:21PM

All that I would like to say in regards to these remarks are. AMEN, AMEN, and AMEN!! Even though I am not a stockholder, and in the professional manner, I do not have the right to voice my opinion. WHAT WOULD MR. TOM DAVIS SAY! Sorry, the Boeing jets are what made Piedmont the great carrier. Yes, I have flown on the FH-227B, lost count on flights involving the YS-11A. But Boeing jets are still my very favorite. If Boeing was financially supported by our government, maybe Boeing could be giving airbus the REAL RUN FOR THE MONEY! BOEING BOEING BOEING - the only way to fly!!!

Posted by: Pam Horton (---.hr.hr.cox.net)
Date: November 16, 2005 06:28PM

As a flight attendant, now retired, I never much cared for Airbus aircraft. They ride like they are being hand flown by a pilot who isn't very good at it. That adds to the fatigue level and cuts down on efficiency.

Posted by: snorton70 (---.carolina.res.rr.com)
Date: February 23, 2010 12:39AM

Thank You Steve
Thank's for the time taken. I did get to fly all of Piedmont's aircraft from the DC-3 to the 767-200ER Except the F-28 and F-100. I flew the DC-3 as Steward when ferrying back from a charter. I flew with many of our great Captains and my first that gave me the chance to fly the DC-3 back to Winston Salem was with Captain Pete Dickens. Pete never had much to say as he always had a hand signal as to what ever he wanted. My first landing was on Runway 33 Winston Salem and after my 3RD bounce he said very quietly, was I done yet. Judge Parker CoPilot about broke up with laughter as that was all he said. Capt Frank Roscana and a few other Captains gave me the same chance and at the same time gave me the chance to become a Copilot. These were many great years of Piedmont.

Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.