Obituaries :  JetPiedmont.com The fastest message board... ever.
Memorials to Departed Pacemakers 
Bruce E. Parrish
Posted by: Bob Reed (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: January 20, 2006 03:05PM

It is with deep regret and great sadness that I must inform you of the death yesterday evening of our good friend and former colleague, Bruce E. Parrish. He died at home, surrounded by his family. The funeral will be Monday, January 23 at Maple Springs United Methodist Church in Winston-Salem, NC. Family visitation at the church beginning at 10:00 AM with the service at 11:00 AM.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Bruce E. Parrish
Posted by: Don Knight (---.triad.res.rr.com)
Date: January 26, 2006 08:41PM

Another great Piedmont Airlines employee has left us. He was wonderful to work with and I enjoyed playing golf with him several year's ago. Bruce could eat a piece of chicken and when he got through it looked like it had been pressure washed. For the ones that new him , you will know what I mean.

Posted by: Bob Bennington (---.il-chicago0.sa.earthlink.net)
Date: January 30, 2006 01:50AM

We have lost a very dear friend. Bruce was dedicated to Piedmont and his work always indicated he had the best interest at heart for PI. Bruce hired me in FAY (please don't hold that against him) in 1954.At the time I had "muttonchops, goatee and moustache" as we were celebrating a bi-centennial. I often wondered why he would hire anybody that looked like that. Some other interesting and funny stories came from FAY.

Bruce taught me a lot and I will always be indebted to him. Our prayers are with Virginia and the boys and their families. So long Good Friend.

Posted by: Dave Sing (---.dc.dc.cox.net)
Date: February 02, 2006 03:01AM

I was saddened to hear of Bruce's passing. I first met Bruce in 1973, where I was involved in the completion and opening of EWR. I worked with Bruse in getting some of the contractual work done at EWR. I learned a lot from him and I continued to stay in contact with him from time to time until the merger in 1989. Bruce was a part of what I called the GREAT ONES that made Piedmont what it was. He will be missed.
My blessings and prayers go out to his family.

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.