Obituaries :  JetPiedmont.com The fastest message board... ever.
Memorials to Departed Pacemakers 
Susan Bean
Posted by: spdbrdlady (---.245.119.70.cfl.res.rr.com)
Date: June 25, 2008 12:28PM

I'm sad to report that Susan Bean, retired MCORO employee passed away on Tuesday, June 24th after a brief illness. She began her long career with Piedmont as a flight attendant, then transferred into reservations in Winston-Salem in the mid 70's. She transferred to Orlando, when Piedmont opened the new reservations office, and remained there until USAirways closed the office in 2003.

Susan will be missed by everyone who knew her.

Debbie Shipton
INT-EWR-ATL-JAX-MCO

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Susan Bean
Posted by: Don Shanks (Moderator)
Date: June 27, 2008 02:27AM

A super lady - she will, indeed, be missed!

Date: June 27, 2008 12:45PM

So that the Piedmont family will know Susan's arrangements.

Piedmont was her family. Living down the road 15 minutes she would keep in touch with Brenda (Pate) and I.

My last memory of Susan was around June 1 when I picked her up from a hospital visit. We had no idea that she would go west so fast. We knew Susan from her early days in INTRO. (She transferred to MCORO when it originally opened.)

I will be looking out after her home place until her nephew from RDU comes down to file the paper work..

As for me - - - I am still hanging in there!

Take care......................
Bob Pate

Date: June 28, 2008 04:16PM

Don,

Well, it's sad news again ... a tough feeling ... to see those you cared about gone. A great supervisor. She was one of my favorites at the Orlando office.

Appreciate the update.

Ali'e Weber

Posted by: Enchantment (---.dsl.sfldmi.sbcglobal.net)
Date: January 15, 2009 09:44PM

I haven't checked this site for a while, but checked back in this afternoon when the US Airways plane went down.

I am so sad to hear that Susan passed away. I remember her fondly from my days at MCORO. She was one of the agents who trained me and shortly after training she became a supervisor. She was such a sweet person.

It's sad to look through the list and see so many familiar names in the obituaries. Wow....it has been a long time since my days in Orlando, and I have such warm memories of that time.

Kathy Choma Rassel

Date: January 16, 2009 02:28PM

Kathy,
Susan Bean was, indeed, a super lady. A good supervisor that cared for those she worked with. She will be missed.
Don Shanks

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.