Obituaries :  JetPiedmont.com The fastest message board... ever.
Memorials to Departed Pacemakers 
Don M Shanks
Posted by: barrys64 (Moderator)
Date: May 25, 2010 06:55PM

The following was received by Bob Reed this morning:

It is with great sadness that I must inform you that our good friend and former colleague Don Shanks died last evening as a result of a fall while painting his home at Myrtle Beach. Hayworth Miller FH in Rural Hall, NC will be handling the arrangements which are incomplete at this time.

Please keep Betty and her family in your thoughts and prayers during this tragic time.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Don M Shanks
Posted by: elainedills (---.triad.res.rr.com)
Date: May 27, 2010 01:00AM

So very sorry to hear of the passing of Don Shanks. i remember him well
as always being a very nice gentleman. I interviewed with him before going to London to help open the res office near Gatwick.

Posted by: Bob Reed (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: May 27, 2010 11:56AM

Donald Mike "Don" Shanks

SHANKS PFAFFTOWN - Donald "Don" Mike Shanks, age 75 of Pfafftown, passed away Monday, May 24, 2010 at Oceanside Village, SC. Don was born in Greene County, TN on Sept. 28, 1934. He was a member of Brookstown United Methodist Church in Pfafftown and retired from Piedmont Airlines with 36 years of service. Surviving are his wife of 58 years of marriage: Betty Shanks; one daughter, Donna Shanks; two sons, Mike Shanks and Chuck (Lisa) Shanks; ten grandchildren; nine great-grandchildren; two brothers, Glenn (June) Shanks and Carroll (Adair) Shanks; and several nieces, nephews; and sister-in-law, Sherrie Shanks. Funeral Services will be conducted Friday, May 28, 2010 at 1 p.m. at Brookstown United Methodist Church by the Rev. Chip Webb with burial to follow in the Church cemetery. The family will receive friends at the Church on Friday morning from 11 a.m. until time of the Funeral Service. In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made to the Brookstown United Methodist Church, 6274 Yadkinville Road, Pfafftown, NC 27040 Hayworth-Miller Funeral Home in Rural Hall is serving the Shanks family. Online condolences may be made at www.hayworth-miller.com.

Published in Winston-Salem Journal on May 27, 2010

Posted by: Chris Elberfeld (---.burl.east.myfairpoint.net)
Date: May 30, 2010 09:22PM

I never met him in person; knew him only through reputation and via Facebook, where we exchanged messages just last week. I know that he was a grand person and deeply touched all those lucky enough to know him.

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.