Obituaries :  JetPiedmont.com The fastest message board... ever.
Memorials to Departed Pacemakers 
jim o'flaherty
Posted by: ron carter (---.ipt.aol.com)
Date: March 22, 2002 01:35PM

Captain James Anthony O'Flaherty died July 20,2001. I just found out myself. He came to Piedmont in 1983 after the Braniff failure. I flew with him out of Greensboro on the 737-200. We had some wonderful times flying together. He loved to talk about his family in Dallas, Texas. He and his wife Marsha had ten children and Marsha schooled all the children at home. We also talked about his Irish homeland. He loved to laugh at my "accent". It seems maybe I managed to laugh a bit at his also. I believe I got fairly good at mimicing his accent. I would make a PA using my Irish accent and laugh as the flight attendants would come up and confront him about his outlandish announcement! I guess you can tell I was pretty fond of "James-me-boy". This is one of the saddest parts of my not flying these days. I am disheartened not to be in touch with so many of my old friends anymore! God bless you "Jamie"......see you soon!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: jim o'flaherty
Posted by: Kevin VanHorn (---.online-age.net)
Date: March 22, 2002 04:21PM

Jim was a fantastic 'people' person. He always treated the ramp and customer service folks with the utmost respect, humor and 'gentlemanliness'. I also look forward to seeing him again.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.