Obituaries :  JetPiedmont.com The fastest message board... ever.
Memorials to Departed Pacemakers 
Captain Bert Barnes
Posted by: Don Knight (---.triad.rr.com)
Date: February 18, 2003 12:22PM

Fort Mill Captan Bert Barnes 71 died February 15, 2003 Service WePublished Clt Observer 2/18/2003dnesday 2pm Coble Ward Smith Chapel, Burial Greenlawn memorial. Published CLT observer o 2/18/2003

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Captain Bert Barnes
Posted by: Karen Conley (---.pitt.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 22, 2003 02:20PM

I met Capt. Barnes when I was working ops in MSY back in the mid-80s and he gave me my first opportunity to ride jumpseat. I was non-revving from MSY to CLT and he said "you're going to ride up front with us, aren't you?", so I did and it was awesome! He was a true gentleman.

Re: Captain Bert Barnes
Posted by: George Driscoll (---.se.biz.rr.com)
Date: March 31, 2005 04:04PM

I don't know where I have been. I just discovered this web site and it is great.
I started with PI in ILM in May 1968. Bert was flying the Martin 404. I was working ops on the day his son was killed while waiting for the school bus. I had the duty of calling his flight and telling him when he landed to call dispatch on a land line for some personal information. He deadheaded back to ILM the same day. I remember the look on his face upon his arrival. I also attended the funeral and burial in ILM. Bert was truly one of the best that PI had and I am proud to say he was my friend.

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.