Obituaries :  JetPiedmont.com The fastest message board... ever.
Memorials to Departed Pacemakers 
William "George" Brown
Posted by: J. Waldo Pepper, Sr. (---.carolina.rr.com)
Date: April 17, 2004 12:56PM

I regret to inform the Piedmont family that George Brown died Wednesday 14 April 2004 at his home in Winston-Salem. George is survived by his wife Jane and one son. George was called William by his family

Funeral details are incomplete at this time pending an autopsy. Jane will contact me as soon as details are available.

George worked many years at Piedmont's T.H. Davis Training Center as an instructor. He serve his nation in the US Air Force and worked for AiReasearch before joining Piedmont. George invented a means of cooling and recyling waste water for the Apollo Moon Modules.

George was the recipent of the Charles E. Taylor Award honoring his more than 50 years of dedicated service to the aviation maintenance industry.

Please pray for God's hand of comfort for Jane and his family and friends at this time of sorrow.

We have all lost a great friend at Piedmont

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: William "George" Brown
Posted by: Chuck McGraw (---.rasserver.net)
Date: May 07, 2004 12:45AM

I first met George when I attended a training class in Winston Salem. Later on when I joined the training department, George and I became very close friends. I knew George as a person who would lend a hand to anyone that would ask for his help. He was a great friend, co-worker and neighbor. And he will be missed very much.

Our prayers and thoughts are with Jane and his family.

Re: William "George" Brown
Posted by: John DeWitt (---.i-america.net)
Date: May 14, 2004 12:15AM

I knew George for a number of years and found him to be an honest and true friend. I could call George anytime for help and he would always respond. He was the best instructor I have ever set under. I was never able to stump him, though I tried may times. I will miss him dearly.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.