Obituaries :  JetPiedmont.com The fastest message board... ever.
Memorials to Departed Pacemakers 
Larkin Hubbard
Posted by: Bob Wall (---.airt.net)
Date: August 25, 2005 11:32AM

This is from Winston-Salem Journal of 8/24:

SNEADS FERRY - Mr. Larkin Lewis Hubbard, 68, of Sneads Ferry died Monday, Aug. 22, 2005, at his home. He was retired from Piedmont and US Airlines with 34 years of service. He also served in the U.S. Air Force. He is survived by his wife, Lela Kathryne "Kay" Hubbard; a son, Lark Hubbard of Germanton; a daughter, Cindy H. Evans of King; five grandchildren; and five sisters, Joan Barham of Charleston, S.C., Doris Halsey of Virginia Beach, Va., Belle Wylie of Auburn, Ky., Arlene Miller of Hiddenite and Judy Juba of Baltimore, Md. A memorial service will be held at 7 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 25, at Kingswood United Methodist Church in Rural Hall. In lieu of flowers, the family requests that donations be made to the North Carolina Arthritis Foundation, 5019 Nations Crossing, Suite 217, Charlotte, NC 28217. Jones Funeral Home of Jacksonville is in charge of the arrangements.

Hub was one of the smartest guys I ever worked with, as Jim Sifford used to say, "Mind like a beartrap", he never forgot a small detail. And, he was a lot of fun to be around. I'll never forget our 727 ground school at Braniff in Dallas, and later back in INT when Capt. Tadlock ordered us to teach the same course!

Hubbo, rest in peace.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Larkin Hubbard
Posted by: Phil Coley (---.dsl.irvnca.pacbell.net)
Date: August 27, 2005 10:28PM

Sorry to hear about Larkin Hubbard. Smart man! Forgot more than I'll ever know about flying machines. Deepest sympathy and best wishes to his family,
Phil

Posted by: Bill Powell (---.int.bellsouth.net)
Date: October 15, 2005 10:39PM

Hub was one of my best buddies--I am sorry we did not spend more time together in the last few years--We had some great times together at the training center--& at lake Norman---Rest in peace old friend-- Our prayers are with you Kay & famley----

Posted by: Tommy Redmon (130.76.41.---)
Date: October 18, 2005 11:16PM

Missed "Hub" when he retired; will miss him even more, especially at the PACU annual meeting! He was a great guy to have known/worked with! I wish I had a fraction of his knowledge!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.