Obituaries :  JetPiedmont.com The fastest message board... ever.
Memorials to Departed Pacemakers 
Captain Bob Akin
Posted by: Don Shanks (---.triad.res.rr.com)
Date: October 14, 2005 02:11AM

This was forwarded to me by Tony Underwood
Bill Kingston

It is with deep sadness that I report the passing of Capt. Bob Akin on Wednesday evening, October 12th.

Bob started his career with Piedmont Airlines in 1967 as a F/E on the B-727. During his career he flew the M-404, F-227, YS-ll, B-737 and the B-767. He instructed on the YS-ll and the B-767.

After retirement from US Airways Bob worked with Delta as a contract instructor on the B-767. He retired from Delta in July of this year.

Surviving Bob is his wife, Babs, one brother and neice's and nephews.

Bob will be remembered as a dedicated and professional airman but most of all, a good friend.

Funeral services will be held Sunday, October 16 in Roswell, Georgia (just north of Atlanta) at Northside Chapel, 1250 Crabapple Road, Roswell, Georgia. Visitation will be from 12:00 to 2:00 and the service will be at 2:00 in the chapel.

A memory book is now open at www.NorthsideChapel.com for your memories and comments.. The family would appreciate you visiting and signing Capt. Bob's memory book.

In lieu of flowers, the family has requested that memorials be made to the American Cancer Society, 2200 Century Parkway, STE 950, Atlanta, GA 30345 or 1-800-ACS-2345.

Bob will be missed.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Capt. Philip S. Beeson 770-664-1407 akbeeson@aol.com

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.