Aircraft Trivia :  JetPiedmont.com The fastest message board... ever.
Questions and Answers regarding Piedmont Aircraft 
what 1979 Piedmont turboprop had a table in the first row of the cabin?
Posted by: mibaker ()
Date: February 19, 2012 07:14PM

I can't seem to find any reference to this using the historical fleet list of aircraft. I know June/July 1979 was the right time (my first flight on an airplane ever), but I can't remember the type of aircraft this was.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: what 1979 Piedmont turboprop had a table in the first row of the cabin?
Posted by: aph ()
Date: March 03, 2012 03:30AM

I do not remember a YS11 or FH227 having the table, but there were several B737s that had the table. Two seats faced rearward and 2 or 3 seats faced forward. I beleive it was called 'club seating'.

Re: what 1979 Piedmont turboprop had a table in the first row of the cabin?
Posted by: bobm ()
Date: July 16, 2012 12:13AM

The original B737-200 seating configuration was for 90 seats, 5 abreast, 2 on left side & 3 on right side of the aisle & all aircraft had the table with club seating for 5, forward on the right side. After the '73 fuel crisis, seat pitch was reduced & another row of 4 seats was added at the rear for a total of 94 seats. After deregulation, Piedmont went to a 6 abreast configuration with new, smaller seats & no more club seats or table for a total of 118 seats. None of the other Piedmont aircraft ever had club seating.
This is my best recollection.

SasaQQ
Posted by: SasaQQ ()
Date: February 05, 2019 11:18AM

thank you for sharing this useful site, I love how you keep it interesting yet informative... keep up the good work !
SasaQQ

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.