Piedmont DC-3 N50V
Date: February 05, 2004 01:59PM
Piedmont Airlines DC-3 N50V is now on display at the Ligue D' Amitie Parachutist Airborne Troops Museum at St. Mere Eglise, France.
This airplane served in the 8th and 9th Air Force during WW2.
Piedmont purchased the aircraft in November of 1953. It was traded to Charlotte aircraft on January 31, 1962 and went to the French Navy on October 19, 1962.
It is now painted as it was during the airborne assualts in 1944 and the door has been changed to an original CV-47 door.