Retirements :  JetPiedmont.com The fastest message board... ever.
Retirement Announcements 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Message ListNew TopicSearchLog InPrint View
Doug Wood retiring
Posted by: Dale Wood ()
Date: July 01, 2002 03:36PM

Doug Wood an agent in ROA since 1970 retired June 28,2002.
My dad and the Piedmont people helped inspire me in my avaition career.
I am now with one of the few airlines still making money. I will miss seeing the friendly faces that were a part of that Piedmont team in ROA along with visiting my dad in operations whenever I non-reved home for visits. What I would give to revisit the early 80's at the old Roanoke Terminal and the Piedmont family.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Doug Wood retiring
Posted by: H. W. Robinson ()
Date: July 01, 2002 03:59PM

Hi Duog, I was an agt (ramp and Ops) at DCA PI 1968-1974, I had been to ROA so many times I lost count. I guess what I want to say is ROA was a pleasent place in the 60's and 70's also. Glad you and your dad were part of it. Enjoy the rest of your day. See Ya, Hubert Wm. ( Robin ) Robinson

Posted by: Don Conner ()
Date: July 07, 2002 05:07PM

Doug,

Opaldeen and I will miss seeing you at the airport, but we drive your place a lot on the way to Floyd. One of these days we are going to stop by.

Don & Opaldeen Conner

Posted by: Ken Minnix ()
Date: July 24, 2002 07:13PM

Dale.... I had the privledge of working in ROA with your Dad..... He is one of the finest men I have ever known..... You are a very lucky son......Tell him Mule Minnix says hello and good retirement....Ken Roa 1968-1981

Posted by: Mike Stewart ()
Date: December 23, 2002 01:22PM

Dale, I worked with your dad from 92-96. One of the finest men I've known, if it hadn't been for him and his big ole 4x4 truck I wouldn't have made it to the airport during the blizzard of '93. Please tell him I said hello and if he ever gets up to northern VA to stop by Atlantic Coast Airlines HDQ's.

Go to: •Message ListSearchLog In
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.